• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Slp pipe

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Colorado. Hometown is close to 9,000 ft and go up from there. 11,000 ft. or so. You can hear and feel where the power band kicks in. Maybe a burp every once in a while. Run 91 octane. Happy with it. But with the lack of air up here it may be running a little fatter than your elevation. The M1000 and M6 need a box according to my dealer and BD.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Fuel may be required...

Deaner, I suggest you add some fuel to the mid range. My wife's M8 has and SLP pipeset and high flow intake - I ended up adding fuel in both mid and top end (riding at 5 - 9000'). The sled is happier with the extra fuel (better performance). I am somewhat hesitant to call ou numbers as every engine is slightly different, and the speedwerx intake flows a bit more air then the SLP setup, and I've also added STM exhaust valves and an RKT head to her machine. If it was my sled, I would run a baseline with the stock pipe to establish EGT's over varying RPM and load, then intall them on the SLP set and tune from there, but read plug color and piston wash to confirm. PM me if you want to talk tuning.

D
Feb 12, 2009
Grande Praire alberta
thanks guys for the info yea oldfart ill be talkin to u. some of the guys around here r tellin me to take fuel away. this is my first BD setup so kinda hesitant. and i put those timbersled intake on i dunno if i really like it..

A
Feb 17, 2008
Chugiak, AK
deaner-- My sled 07 m8 sno pro with slp exhaust, and a slp intake, BD box. I ride sea level to 5000ft. Anywhere close to sea level ie. below 2000ft, you will have to add fuel to the bottom! I know that this goes against what people think about the m8 being rich on the bottom. If you don't, you will rattle the pipe sensor every time. I don't know how much more or less air your intake flows but on mine I add fuel on the bottom. Above 3000ft I don't add fuel to the bottom end. BUT, like the oldfart says, I also add a little fuel to the top end at all altitudes. I know that SLP does not require it, but it seems to respond better. My fuel burn is really no different than the dragons/rmk's that I ride with and I have NO bog whatsoever. Also, when I add fuel, I add to all three settings (lo/med/hi), as recommended by boondocker. My plugs and wash verify my fuel settings. I don't have an egt or a air/fuel meter- this would be your best bet. The plugs and wash are much harder to read on the newer sleds. Also, you may want to check your fuel pressure. I can't remember what mine was, but it was on the higher end of normal.

The good thing is that if you get just "a little lean", your pipe sensor will tell you and it is easy to adjust.

AK737:beer;:beer;

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I've read the M sleds seem to work better with 87 octane fuel.

Doesn't the addition of the SLP pipe require 91 Octane?

If so, does the sled run well on 91 octane, or can a guy run the pipe on 87 octane fuel?

Has anyone tried the pipe with 87 octane fuel? Results?

Frosty

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
My 07 has the SLP intake and pipe. It has a nasty bog around 5000 rpm's. I tried the 87 octane last ride and it made it just a bit better, but not enough. I bought a box yesterday and was looking form some baseline numbers. At he end of my last ride I ran the sled back to the trailer in the 4500-5500 range for about a mile and it's definitely rich. Plugs were turning black. I was thinking off taking away a little fuel on the bottom, leaving the middle and adding some on the top? PS this was at 7000-8000 feet

Premium Features