• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 or hcr

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Go with the HCR love it best sled i have had, I have 200 miles only on mine runs great,track hooks up with 90 duro. Boss seat is nice and like the stability of the 43" wide front end.Deep keel skis work good.:D:beer; There is a thread about this already too it is snopro vs HCR if you can find it there was lots of people that posted stuff on it. :D:beer;

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
WHATS THE REAL DIFF BETWEEN THE M8 AND THE HCR? I'VE BEEN A POO GUY BUT INTERESTED IN THE NEW AC ANY HELP:eek:

titanium zero pros shox, stiffer track, boss seat, wider front end, race skiis, green color, and factory race tune (which may or may not exist depending on who you ask) :p

and yes you want one!

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
i think that factory race tune does exist saw a hcr keep up with a 1000 today the track is awsome and they will probally hold value better being a limted build seld. i agree you need one

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
It really depends on your riding style I think. I went with the M8 because I didn't want the wide front end. If you do alot of boondocking in the trees I think you will like the narrow stance better. It is easier to throw around and it fits through those really narrow spots! ;)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The HCR also has a hillclimb rear suspension. It is able to handle the big jumps and drops, and works better for climbing than a regular M8

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Here ya go

WHATS THE REAL DIFF BETWEEN THE M8 AND THE HCR? I'VE BEEN A POO GUY BUT INTERESTED IN THE NEW AC ANY HELP:eek:

This tells you about it.
http://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/arctic-cat/2009-arctic-cat-m8-hcr-preview-776.html

2009_17_M8153_HCR_PCGrn.jpg

Last edited:
M
Dec 5, 2007
Had mine out wednesday in 3'to 4' powder hooks up good,755 miles and just had replaced 1st belt at 715 miles.Great sled and yes it will beat a stock m-8,xp and probably a dragon.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
More info

T-Diesel we need more info. What kind of riding do you prefer? Where do you ride? If your looking for a deep snow mountain climber then the HCR is not the way to go, the M8 snopro 162 would be a better choice especially if your looking to do some serious mods to it. To work well in the mountains with bigger power a 153 is not enough track. If your style is jumping off cornices and that sort of riding then the HCR is probably a better choice.

T
Feb 25, 2009
I do mountain riding but I doo like jumping I ride a 151 now and think thats about right for me we ride a bit of everything trees and hills but usually the snow is soft I would probably get the 153 either way a little handier in turning and such but thanks for the suggestion rode a friends M8 this weekend but it was hero snow so couldn't really tell how it climbed cause my wife on her 136 ran up the same shoot i'll try dooing some more research especially about the race tune or whatever, has anyone had motor problems with them? the poo are burnning down like crazy around here

Premium Features