• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 cat melted harness no go help!!!!

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
zip tie or something broke that held the wiring harness to the dash/headlights sled was missing and dash quit. pulled over and seen it melted on pipe. Got all the wires seperated and taped up, (in the hills.) Idles fine give it gas takes off then it cuts in and out then go guessing around 6000-6500 dash still dont work and be on a limiter or somthing. Limp mode???? I unp[lugged the harness plugged in still nothing. Any help!!!!! Wires will be fixed right though!

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
white or. stripe good
gray red stripe good
blue good
white good
black good
white blue stripe good

or. wht stripe bad
brn bad
red or pink purple or blue stripe bad
purple bad
black purple stripe bad

thats what i have so far harness up to headlights and dash.....

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
heat protection!!! obviously you've removed the intake plenum and just left the wires as they were??? have mine heat taped and at least a dozen zip ties holding it to the hood, my buddie laughed and said i was over doing it, a few rides later he melts the wiring to his boondocker box and smokes his engine. he has plenty of shielding now!!!

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
I had acouple zip ties holding them no tape one broke and it was just enough to hit the pipe. going to fix the wires tonight just wondering if that would of shorted something out because she doesnt wanna run right. Hoping it isnt my computer

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I caught mine melting on sheer luck just as it was thru the plastic harness, but before it got to the wires.A guy we were sledding with wanted to check out my RKT secondary, otherwise I never lift my hood. I never thought of securing the harness after I went to a D&D Firebreather intake, and removed all my hood insulation. I duct taped the harness to the hood for the rest of the trip and it held till I got home. I used black high temp silicone to secure the harness to the hood. Then after it was cured I ran heat tape full length down the harness over the silicone. :beer;

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
talked with a guy said there is a fuse on right side will check that and fix the wires tonight. headlites still work though...

Premium Features