• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7???

W
Jan 27, 2008
Hey I looking at buying a newer sled and considering the m7. Im currently on a 99 rmk 700. What i am asking is are there any major problems with these sleds? What is the best year and mods to do to them?

Thanks

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
The 05 is fine just has the attack 20-which works just not quite a challenger. I have an 06-they say the 06 is a tad bit leaner as far as fuel more prone to have a fuel box if mods are done. BDX intake kit is solid if you do a lot of powder, RKT tech clutch kit works good, bikeman pipe set is a solid mod. I just picked mine up at the beginning of the year and I love it. Pretty much all the things I mentioned I have done. Set it up and pull the roap and go. I also put on fabcraft A-arms and SLP powder pros(stock skis are junk). Snow eliminators are another highly recommended thing to due. As long as it was taken care of the motor and chassis should last a while-good luck.:face-icon-small-coo

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
x2 on the Snow eliminators and the powder pros. Boss seat is another must have for the M7. Three M7s (2x05, 1x06) in our riding group and all with 3000+miles on them. Not a single breakdown or blown belt!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Got an 05 with over 2k miles. No issues. If it doesn't altready have them, Holz torque arm brackets are a must (and they're on sale for $25 in this forum). Depending on how and where you ride the Attac20 on the 05 may drive you nuts or you may love it. I also very much like the 10.4" secondary in mine. Also think running board inserts (any brand/type), Powder Pros and a Boss (or maybe the '10 Cat M) seat are highly recommended mods. And some air venting - shock tower and side panel at minimum. They're nice sleds stock and each of these things make them better. So you can start stock and add parts as you have money and still be happy IMHO.

T
Just be sure it revs out without bogging. I have wanted an m7 since they came out. Finally found a deal but it wont rev. It starts to miss at 6800-7200. Once I get it sorted out I'm sure I will love it. long story short try it first!!! I'm not the only one having this problem right now. Good luck though.

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
05 m7 been great but i would say buy a m8 just for the bottom end. the m7 is like a 125 you have to be on the pipe alot, m8 like a 250 easier to boondock threw the trees with the bottom end. mine will be up for sale if you are set on a m7.

Premium Features