• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 vs rmk 800

im wondering does anyone know if the cranks on the 05 m7s last longer than on the rmk 800s cause the rmks definitely have a bad reputation with cranks. i ride the edge rmks and wanna upgrade to something better and the m7 looks like a good choice the design and chasis is betta and its lighter but i dont know if the engines last longer( all stock of course) polaris crank hater

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Many M7 and F7 motors are getting 4-5000 miles without so much as a rebuild. The 05's were mapped a bit rich, but that is a pretty easy fix. These motors are very strong!

John

T
I ran a M7 for three years and now my son is running it and have purchaced another for my other son and these last. Only problem I have had was we lost the voltage reg. on mine but all it did was dim the lights untill replaced. Depending on your elevation, Kelseys head (rktech) is a simple and reliable head update for sleds running at elevation and seems to clean up the fuel map without a control box. if you get one with over 3000 miles IMO it is a good idea to change out the pistons. Also if you are new to Cat the M-7's have a wire you unplug for oxynated fuel up front by the ecu box, UNPLUG IT and forget about it. One more thing is I have found sled junkys clutch kit is a plug and play kit that was spot on (everything included).....Garry

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
like mentioned they are very reliable. the m7 wont feel like it has the snap off the bottom that the edge does but IMO is a much better/funner sled to ride in every other aspect, well except maybe trail riding. and with some clutching and rkt head you can get better bottom end power out of them.

Premium Features