• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 trouble. Help?

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
I have a 06 M7 with a SLP intake and Thing can, otherwise stock. Today started out great then it started to sound weird at peak rpm, and a few times it struggled to reach peak rpm, it just stumbled at approx. 7000 rpm then i let off and got back into it and it would pull through. Its hard to explain to sound but its usually a real smooth glass pack sound but today it sounded like it had twins on it, thats the closest thing i can relate it too. I held it wide open on the trail for quite a while and it would only reach 7850 rpm, i didn't get a chance to look on a good pull. i pulled the plugs and have a picture but i cant figure out how to post them. Also today is the first time ive put 87 octane in the sled, i usually run 89. Any help would be appreciated, THANKS!!!:beer;:beer;

Dec 22, 2007
7850 for a stocker is on the money. The sled should run better on 87. Is this the first time you you've used the can? Sounds like a top end bog. Alot of aftermarket cans on the m7 leave you with bogs/stumbling. Put the stock can back on and your problems might go away..

In Deep snow?

Last edited:
L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
Ive had the can on for two years, ran like a champ the whole time. Spring snow conditions so it was pretty wet and tacky. Its always ran about 7800 on a good pull, just like i said i didn't get a chance to look yesterday, we were in some pretty technicle stuff. This is the first time its sounded like this and stumbled the way it did. Thats why it seems really weird to me. Im gonna clean power valves this week and see what that does.

Premium Features