• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Intakes

R
Nov 26, 2007
Have an M7 with reeds and SLP can and thinking about an intake. What do you guys recommend...timbersled, bdx, etc.? Also, with the reeds and can, will i need to run a fuel controller with the addition of an intake? Thanks

B
Nov 26, 2007
bdx intake HANDS DOWN. no you wont need a box. Just Learn to Smile all over again. My m7 isnt stock anymore but when it had just a slp can and intake i was eating 154 xps for dinner

M
Dec 11, 2008
Steamboat, CO
i run a rumblepak can, t sled intake and it pulls like a new machine after those upgrades. just my experiance on an 06 m7. definatly noticed better throttle response, overall quicker on the power and better altogether.

lucasMX358

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
Dickinson, ND
Hey guys, those of you that are running the Timbersled intake, are you filling the front of your sled with snow were the stock air box was, i was thinking of running this intake also. And REEDS yes or no, i heard both ways!

S

sledhead699

Dec 10, 2007
whitefish, (havre) MT
i am running the Timbersled intake and relly like help a lot. in the soft fluffy snow i was filling the nose with snow but after a littleweather stripping adhevice all fix. and no i am not running aftermarket reeds. ben told that they dont help these 700 that much.

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
i have the timber sled and love it on my m7. i did do some fancy work and sewed mesh to my front screens so i was not filling the air box with snow. i have a can airbox and rk teck head and no box.

M
Dec 11, 2008
Steamboat, CO
Hey guys, those of you that are running the Timbersled intake, are you filling the front of your sled with snow were the stock air box was, i was thinking of running this intake also. And REEDS yes or no, i heard both ways!

i dont run reeds, i just dont think they work as well as advertised. however on my m7 with the t sled intake i had a problem with snow in the front. never to where it wouldnt run or inhibited it but just alot of annoyance. i put the extra prefilters on the front 4 opening and this helped a great deal with the snow ($20). cheap fix and keeps the snow out pretty good. the intake seems to be good, loss of weight, improved flow, simple. I like it

Premium Features