• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Injector symbol

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Prettty sure I have a leaky injector on 05 M7, thought I got lucky with a complete throttle body, rail and injectors off Ebay for troubleshooting. I was thinking the injectors were color coded and the ones for sale were yellow like mine.

I guess I was wrong, I just recieved the package and it has a triangle on the injectors and I have a square on my ecu. I looked at my injectors and there is no symbol, but it may have worn off??

Please confirm I am hosed???

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2007
Ya, The injectors you have will be square to match your square ecu. Just find another square set of injectors. The ecu and injectors must be matched..

907KB

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
Those injectors will work for trying. The injector symbol is the flow. the ecu is matched to the injector. Lets just say the circle flow the most, square in the middle, and triangle flow the least. If you use the triangle injector with a circle ecu you will be running leaner because the ecu is calibrated for the injector flowing more. How much more i don't know. Of course the easy answer is sell them and get some square ones, but if you have a fuel controller and temp gauges you should be able to make them work fine.
Alex

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
I had one plug that would foul out every twenty miles and start running on one cylinder. The pto plug would be soaked and the other dry as a bone.

Took everything apart and checked the reeds to make sure they weren't chipped. I also cleaned every thing up, backed my oil pump off since it was way oil rich and added some injector cleaner. Rode the sled 50 miles Sunday and it ran strong all day.

Premium Features