• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 deep powder bogg

T
Nov 26, 2007
Renton
I have a 05 M7 with some mods and it runs very nice. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be in the deepest powder I have had this sled in to date. The sled bogged out on me a couple of times at the start of a climb and then cleared out. Seemed like it was after I side hilled on the R/H, exhaust side. Is my engine compartment getting loaded with exhaust and feeding the air intake. The vents by the windshield were not anymore clogged than they were for most of my ride. Ideas or a fix would br great.
Thanks

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BDX or frogskinz front hood vent covers and a Timbersled exhaust deflector, reroute ECM baro pressure tube...NO BOGS at all for me.

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
Twostoked,

Perform a search for my posts. I put up a whole lot of info in another thread about how I fixed my bog(s). Sorry, don't really have time to list it all here again.

Basically, you have two problems; exhaust bog and intake bog, with seperate solutions for both IMO. Both are rather simple to fix. The exhaust bog is the easiest, cheapest, and quickest. The intake bog can be somewhat expensive depending on which route you take to fix it.

Here is the link: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89238&highlight=Uller

Last edited:

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Intake bog

I ride with 3 M7s and we have run into some deep powder this year. We all had bog issues with the intake vents by the windshield getting covered in snow. We made a reverse scoop out of duct tape and fixed the problem. We never had another bog again over 2 weeks of riding. We are all running stock exhaust and didn't have problems with it causing a bog.

Check out the pics of before and after the duct tape mod. Not the prettiest but cheap.

sw1.jpg sw2.jpg Joes Sled Stuck.jpg

Premium Features