• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Coolant leaking from the steering post mount!

S
Nov 30, 2007
Ft.Collins COLORADO
OK,
I have had a coolant leak on my 05 M7 for two rides. I took the belly pan off and the exhaust as well. I noticed that I have a pool of coolant where the steering post attaches to the Bulkhead/"front frame". It looks as though it is bolted directly threw the front cooler that is welded to the frame. Any suggestions as to the best way "quick but good" to fix the leak? 3000 miles on the sled but it still runs strong so I dont want to part out and I dont really want to replace the bulkhead. Anyone know magic?

D
Dec 17, 2007
same problem

My 05 M7 is also leaking coolant but I can't find where it is going. Its got 4000 miles on it and still runs strong. I have been adding about 8 to 12 ounces of coolant per ride. I to need a simple fix.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Take yer gas tank off and have a look on the left side there is a coolant line that goes thru the top of yer tunnel. All m7's have this issue well most anyways. thats where yer leak is coming from. Pain in the azz but fixable. The tunnel meets under the lip of the bulk head so the coolant flows along this seam and drips out the bottom of the steering post. Take some chit apart youll figure it out, hope this helps...........

D
Dec 17, 2007
Found My leak

My leak was coming from the bottom of the coolant reservior. It appears the two spring type hose clamps weakened over time. A couple of real hose clamps did the trick.:)

T
When you dive into this go to Napa and get the self shrinking tubes that are made by gates for Radiator hoses. you may have to drill some of the rivits on the tunnel tranfer tube to install new hose and hose shrink and then just shrink with a heat gun. This allows the tunnel protector to be replaced without interferance with the screw from the hose clamp. Also on a side note my m7 tin canned a leak where the bottom of the steer post attaches because the two bolts had loosened up and allowed the metal to fatigue from movement and had to have it welded. Sooooo check your bolts from the bottom side also...Garry

Premium Features