• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Bog...Suprise... Best Can?

S

sbosmt

Oct 14, 2008
Bozeman, Montana
Ok, so i have the common low end bog on my M7 if i let off and feather it I can get it to open and go, my question is should I try the 10.4 sheaves, a can if so what is the best can? It is all stock right now, I have leaned the oil mixture but no change. Also I have run the low grade gas all year and it didn't help. I am also wondering if it could be my belt defelction. How can I check that? Thanks for any help.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
After you have rode your sled around and warmed it up, pick the back of your sled up as it is running. The track should just slowly turn. If it does'nt, the belt is too loose. Also check the belt to sheave clearence on the primary. Should be about .015.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Spend the money on a fuel controller instead of other things. Adjust your bottom end fuel delivery and the bog will go away.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I have/had a 2006 M7 LE that I am trading in onmy Spring Order 2010 M8

Lucky for me I never had the bog on this sled, stock or modified. Also have not run a fuel controller with my mods, another perk.

My setup for 0-3K feet:

10.4 Secondary Upgrade
Stock Cat low elevation clutching
Ti Primary and Secondary Springs
Shift Assist bearing

Other Mods:
D&D Lite Pipe
D&D Y-Pipe
Skinz Ceramic Coated Ultra Q Can-This can rocks, and a Skinz can will definitely be on my 2010. No power loss with this can, sled actually runs better with this can versus the stock can while running the aftermarket exhaust. With this setup I also run 87 Octane, no problems at all. Search the SKinz cans on this site, they work great on the M sleds!

John

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Check your belt deflection first just as diggerdown stated.

I wouldn't run another M without the 10.4 upgrade. It completely changes the low end.

The fuel controller might fix your problem but you should figure out what the real problem is and fix that. 3 M7s in my group and none of them bog and none of them have a fuel controller.

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
are you running the ecu plugged in or unplugged, have you tried it both ways. keep in mind you have to shut the sled off before you change it or it will stay on the curve it was on before you plug or unplug it.
I am talking about the single wire for oxid or none oxid fuel.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I'm thinking a 10.4 clutch and aftermarket intake would have to help wouldnt it?

The 10.4 sheaves will essentially gear you down some and slightly improve bottom end. The aftermarket intake will not help as the m7 doesn't like aftermarket, stock works best. As tntm7 suggested though, you might try unplugging the fuel oxid plug (blue plug by the ecu), this could give you some more fuel on bottom end but to rich elsewhere.

S

sbosmt

Oct 14, 2008
Bozeman, Montana
thanks for the idea i will definetely try unpluggin the wire and see if that helps. You dont think a different intake would allow more air in and lean out the bottom?

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
thanks for the idea i will definetely try unpluggin the wire and see if that helps. You dont think a different intake would allow more air in and lean out the bottom?
Ya I do think a intake will allow more air in and lean it out, and you will be right back here in the forum saying I have a lean bog can anyone help me out!
pretty simple, no fuel controler, no mods. or you open the window to the bog gods.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
My 06' M7 has an RKT head, Timbersled intake, Supreme Tool 11" secondary and an SLP can and I don't have a bog anywhere:confused:.

MANY 06 M7's, including a 3 three of ours, had a bog from idle to WOT..

1 was way more severe than the others.. In fact, you could not get it unstuck because you could not peg the throttle from idle..

ALL these are related to LACK of Fuel in the lower rpm band..

We found 2 ways to address and fix this BOG.

1) Add a Boondocker fuel controller and add fuel at the 3000 rpm LO setting

2) Add our Billet head.

Either of these will cure the BOG issue..

Note: MANY aftermarket cans will only amplify this problem..

Kelsey

bog

Do you notice the bog all the time or more so in deep snow, maybe w/the exhaust buried? is it more so when the sled is hot or? I have it on mine more sometimes than others last time it was real bad was a deep snow day and I don't have any vents cut in mine. Mine is now stock other than reeds I know 2 guy's who have '05's that run "the thing" can and bikeman fuel regulator too keep the pres. true.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Just a thought, yesterday i was running my sled and in the morning when it was about 2 degrees celcius i had no bog, as the day warmed up to about 10 degrees i had a bog. I have'nt had one all winter and the sled has run flawless for me so i am thinking with these warm temps that's what the problem was and it was only when i had shut down and re-started and only in the bottom, i realize all situations are different but this is what i came across yesterday, hopefully it's gone next year when it gets cold again i hate running my machine when its not below 0'c it just does'nt work the same. JMT

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Forgot to ask also. Where is the clear tube on your ECM routed? I know another 4M member had an issue with his M7 bogging that he couldn't solve regardless of what he did until he re-routed his ECM hose to a cold air source, problem solved. Just an idea

S

sbosmt

Oct 14, 2008
Bozeman, Montana
the clear hose runs on top towards the can, i am going out in the morning and will try playing with blue wire. I let you know what i find.

Premium Features