• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Clutching issue, ideas please!

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I really wonder how much different throttle styles are playing a role in eating these belts. I am a stab the throttle kind of rider. If the torque of the motor is twisting the motor mounts some, one would think this would be worse if you stab the throttle. It could also increase the belt slipage creating more heat. I really was not so stab happy until I put E.G.T.s on the 07 M1000. If you trust the E.G.T.s you are constantly burping the throttle.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
OK, I bought a 060 because it was all that was around town and put it on Friday at the beginning of the trail. I rode it hard for 3 days in the best riding conditions and deep POW we have had all year. It spit belt dust all over, but stayed intact through it all. So now I am thinking heat and slippage are the real issue. BUT.......the performance of my sled this weekend was nothing short of spectacular. The rider was more like mediocre :)
BB

Premium Features