• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M 1000 shock tower vent kits !!!

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar
Any of you guy find a shock tower vent for our sleds, I see fire and ice makes them for the polaris, just can't seem to find any for the m's. Also anyone running a headlight vent kit on a stock hood, are they worth the $$$. I areadyrunning a flowrite but need way more cooling Thanx

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Speedwerks has the frogskin type, timbersled has them, and i'm not sure of any others off had but those two companies make them.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
2 cool and fastlane also make them. I have a fastlane that i would sell to you for $15 shipped. I was too lazy to put rivets in so i just put on frogzskins vents, but i think i will regret it. I bought two sets so when they rip i can cover them up, but i think i willl be ripping a ton of them, and for some reason they are shaped like a triangle? The fastalnes and the 2 cools look pretty sturdy to me.

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
$15 is a good deal. I ordered two sets of those and Fastlane charged me $12 just to ship them. I like Fastlane's stuff but they make money on shipping...I hate that!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
another option is two flowrites on the bottom, and one on top. Easy to install, but also easy to put a new one in if a greanaded belt or a disgruntled tree branch takes one out for you. I've had the same 3 in my last 2 sleds.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Hey cheeky, SLP makes really good 3" flowrites that fit perfect in the shocktower. Ive installed them both on my m7 and m1000 and notticed major improvements right away........

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
another option is two flowrites on the bottom, and one on top. Easy to install, but also easy to put a new one in if a greanaded belt or a disgruntled tree branch takes one out for you. I've had the same 3 in my last 2 sleds.

X2^^^^^^ Works perfect!!! On both my M's

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar
tttt

Thanks guys, already through in a 2.5 flowrite, I think I found the heat problem, took it to the dealer and my clutches were out .50. And they told me they aligned it after the motor ree and ree. I call BS. See if I can get a belt out of them.

Premium Features