• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lurkers.....Speak up

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Hi guys,
I recently purchased a 2003 503 Hawk. Have not gotten to ride it yet but it looks like it is going to be a blast.

Here is an obscure question - could anyone with a 503 please send or post a picture of their brake caliper? Also, do the 6/800's use the same brake caliper as the smaller Hawks? Anywhere to purchase this part?

THANKS!

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i know..right

every once in awhile i try to grow up and sell some toys and pay off some debt.....or find a 600 hawk!!! anyone want a 2001 xr650r to put an explorer kit on? its on ebay right now!

H
Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
I have been here since Feb of this year. I bought an 05 600 that had almost no use on it. I got to ride it twice and I am not thinking of selling my 07 F8sp. or maybe keeping it for the Girlfriend!

H
Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
I know there are two guys with in a two hour drive of me !! I hope to get out and ride with them this winter. I just need to figure out how to stud it.... Should I do what Buffalohawk did or just go with screws?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Blah, blah, blah, blah!

Pm'd a form of this to a forum member expressing interest in the 600.

"I am going to cut and paste this into one of our threads since this much came pouring out of me and I just can't resist blah, blah, blahing on here."

Lurkers,

You should try offering the Polaris, Yamaha, Ski-Doo Artic Cat or snow bike kit up out loud in this Hawk forum or others such as Amsnow. Some of us tried to create an uprising towards the East on Amsnow, it has the "official;)" AD Boivin stamp and periodically lurkers speak up.

I appologize I used to heckle those in the past as dreamers since they had very little luck convincing a vetran forum user to trade, at least they were persistant and aquired a machine anyhow. Now new sellers seek the forum out join and offer up usually a 503F from the Eastern US/Ca., I also used to and still try to convince them to try and fall in love again for their own good, I try! If you have frequented our threads there are a few riders like BuffaloHawk, Featheride, Rudeawakening, etc. who are lone on the trail, selfish bastards:rolleyes:, every machine they let fly away will never ever come back from the mountains.
Examplify
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168288

The most convenient ones get snapped up by folks like you and current riders worried the supply is near it's end. When the machines pics are posted or PM'd it blows me away the like new condition, those sellers never knew what they had!:face-icon-small-hap

Shooting for a 503F/fan Hawk would be reasonable since they seem to go around $3,600.00 +or- used, the average 2006 and older 6-800cc Twoski in good condition has a sinking value of about $4K now, I'm sure there will be plenty of sellers ignoring this at the snowmobile EXPO.

FYI 1200 machines only produced world wide, most unknowing souls believe they need at least the 600 or want the 800 (less than 100 of the 1200) and disreguard the simplest best bang for the buck 503F.

I replaced my Summit 700 with a 503F in 2003, and still can't out ride all of one's potential with few exceptions.

Brian McCurdy,
7.jpg

not

Tony:)

Last edited:
T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Well, this lurker has become an owner. Don't know what I've gottin myself into, but I think these things are going to blow my mind. Have never ridden one, or even seen one on the trails. I'm from CT and mostly ride in VT. I look forward to meeting some of the rest of you.

I jumped in with both feet and my eyes closed I guess. Just bought what was probably the very last new '03' 500 and '07' 800 from 2 different dealers here in CT.

How about Hawkfest having a more eastern location for '11'. Would Tug Hill, NY work for people?

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
Well,i'm pretty much like Thunderhawk,the first time i saw one was about two years ago( didn't even know they existed) i got an instant woody,i knew i had to have one(even if have too many toys that i don't use often enough) they looked so damn wild i coudn't stop thinking about them,now i bought one and i'm very proud of my baby ,even if i never was much of a winter lover, this year i can't wait for snow to come down.I'm triyng to get my buddies to by one as well,but i guess i'l have to wait til they try mine to make up their minds.I love this forum,i check twice a day for new post and watch vids on youtube every night,and just ordered season 3 dvd(just can't wait to try it for the first time and second and third ans so on)

i'm from the Ottawa ,Ontario region.I'd like to know if there is any hawk riders in my area,please let me know,thanks.

Keep up to good work guy's!

T
Oct 21, 2002
Idaho
this lurker is getting converted as soon as the pos m1000 is out of the stable:D

Anyone with the mountain experience like I have sould be able to make any twoski envious.:beer;

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Against my morals.

He'd be better off after being flat out insulted for how much a Nancy he was for not have the marbles to tell his couch riding, recess roaming, playpen pals to putt a fork in it!

And then appologize for considering the sale.:)

Otherwise I'm charging him 50% to putt it on the site!:p

Premium Features