• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

List of Colorado Non-Oxygenated Fuel Stations (race Fuel coming soon)

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
The Sinclair in Granby across from 7-11 has it, todays price is 2.99 a gallon.

I also have 3 extra 55 gallon drums I'm not going to use if anyone would like one to stock up?

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
TTT

Anyone else,have current non ethanol gas info?

Especially in the high country.
Ralph are the Short Stop and unmanned gas station in Kremmling still ethanol free?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
BTW... The Shell in Edwards, CO is now oxygenated. I would imagine the Shell in West Vail is the same way since he owns both.

G
Gunnison tire (north west) corner of 14th street and tomichi (US hwy 50)sells ethanol free gas all year
Gunnison Colorado 81230

Ethanol is corrosive and damaging to the top ends of all internal combustion engines

just another feel good band-aid applied by the enviro's

there is no substitute to date that provides as much energy as diesel

If the manufactures would abandon the auto trans and ditch their de-tuning practices we'd have vehicles capable of 50+ mpg overnight and they would be cleaner than the cleanest we have now.

people aren't ready for 6,8 or 12 speed transmissions

:face-icon-small-hap

N
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Lake
In Granby, the Mini Mart on the south side of hwy 40 as you are coming in to town has ethanol free fuel.
In Grand Lake Lone Eagle had ethanol free fuel this summer and fall and suspect they are continuing to carry it.

2mileshigh

Nov 26, 2007
This seems to be a major pain for people to find out where they can get fuel.

I know of a few places so I will start this off by listing them. If you know of anywhere else please chime in. I'll update my post with more stations as we find out about them. Please do not post the station unless you know for sure. Unless you talk to the person that orders the fuel, assume the fuel you are getting is oxygenated. Even if they do not have a sticker on the pump, it does not mean it is safe.

Eagle Sinclair
131 Chambers Ave
Eagle, CO 81631
(970) 328-1611

Edwards Shell Station, I-70 exit 163
434 Edwards Access Rd
Edwards, CO 81632
(970) 926-5380‎

Fort Lupton Hwy 85 (North of Brighton)
641 14th St
Fort Lupton, CO‎
(303) 857-2284‎

Kremmling

Short Stop
200 W Park Ave
Kremmling, CO 80459
(970) 724-9415

Grand Fuel Depot
1520 E Park Ave
Kremmling, CO‎
(970) 724-8953‎

VAIL West Vail Shell, I-70 exit 173
2313 N Frontage Rd W
Vail, CO 81657
(970) 476-3394‎

Race Fuel:
Arvada
Hill Petroleum
6291 Ralston Rd
Arvada, CO 80002
(303) 423-3446‎

Hill Petroleum
6291 Ralston Rd
Arvada, CO 80002

BrightonAmerican Pride Co-Op
55 W Bromley Ln
Brighton, CO 80601
(303) 659-1230

Fort Collins Team Petroleum
105 E Lincoln Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970) 482-2533

Greeley
Cox Oil Co
555 e 8th Ave
Greeley, Colorado 80631
970 352 9208

Shell Station Exit 240. Idaho Springs/ MT Evans exit. HUGE sign on building NON-ETHANOL FUEL . Payed $2.86 for 91 today

OffOrWFO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Fort Collins, Co
Seems there is some mis information here. I haul gas to local stations here in fort collins for Schrader oil/propane co. As I understand it there is no state or federal law mandating a 10% oxy blend in colorado. However because of federal ag subsidies and the high octane of ethanol (115ish), it is more economical for refinerys to produce an oxy blend. Ethanol is used to bring poor quality/low octane gas up to the R+M number you see at the pump. A 91 octane oxy gas is 91 octane no more no less, trust me. You are not getting more than you pay for there. An if the state tests someone selling gas with lower octane than the pump is labeled (read western gas stations) big fines will follow. You can however add 10% ethanol to a 91oct non-oxy and get 93 octane. The sinclair at hwy 287 and hwy 56 on the west side of berthoud sells this (for $1.7x a gallon last time i was there). Most stores (read 99%)do not switch back and forth from oxy to non oxy from the winter to summer anymore. Its too much of a hassle because tanks have to be run low or pumped out. State regs require stations to define what they run on the pump and if the fuel in the tanks doesn't match on a random test then fines are in order.
Another thing most people don't know about is 87 octane mid grade is kinda a rip off. 87 octane is mixed at the loading rack or by blender pumps at the station. It is a 35/65 mix of 85 and 91 which creates barely 87 oct. Yet its 10 cents more a gallon (91 is 20 cents more usually) which to me means it should be a 50/50 blend which is 88 oct. Petty I know.

I don't think a 10% ethanol blend is a big deal for most sleds. If you jet on the razor edge with a mod sled it might be a problem. I run a gallon or two of 111oct in my 840 just to be safe. Same reason I run 100:1 premix on top of oil injection. Whats an extra couple bucks a ride i say. If you look around the country people run the same sleds with the same octane as we do only at a much lower elevation. We seldom ride below 8000ft in this state. That said I run non oxy if I can. I get better mileage running it in my cars an trucks and it doesn't dry out rubber seals an attract water like ethanol does.

Another thing is be carefull buying gas from an unbranded no name store. You don't know what your getting because there is no company controls on what those guy do or sell. The additive package is where they save there money. You can end up with some real crap if your not careful. The crap part is any store that is branded ie labed conoco or phillips 66 is going to be oxy fuel. Its my understanding thats company policy. Most of the big chain c stores are this way also. So its going to be shell, sinclair and your little unbranded renagade stores that sell non oxy. If the pumps are the old school style ie non digital they probly don't have the inline water filters so stay clear of those.

Stores that I know you can get good, clean, non oxy at in Fort Collins.

Team petroleum
105 E Lincoln Ave
They have 111oct track tech also but they run bankers hours

Schraders Country store
830 S college
Between prospect and mulberry on college across from CSU

Sandy's Shell on mulberrry and link lane. (east of lemay)
They sell non oxy 91 but the 85 and 87 is oxy

Sandy's shell on north lemay has non oxy 91 also.
And I believe the shell on harmony and I 25 is the same but Im not 100%
I'll check and add to this list.

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to get leaded race gas anymore? I miss the smell.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Seems there is some mis information here. I haul gas to local stations here in fort collins for Schrader oil/propane co. As I understand it there is no state or federal law mandating a 10% oxy blend in colorado.

Thanks for the info!

There is no Federal or STATE law requiring it, but there is a Denver Metropolitan Air resource board law that requires it for all Denver Metro gas stations. I don't think you will find non-oxygenated in the Denver Metro area. You might be able to get it out by Bandimere, not sure if any of those stations set up an off-road fuel deal or not.

Weld County is not included in the Denver air quality area, so just North of Brighton there are a few stations. Larimer county is not included either which is why Fort Collins has non-oxygenated. Most of the time as I am sure you know area that are not required to use Oxygenated fuel still end up with it because the fuel is delivered from the same place.

KFSNOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen Station sells non-oxygenated 91 octane. The is also a station down by Poncha Springs that sells 91 non-oxygenated Think it is the station south of Nathrup a few miles, the local radio station(93.7) has been running ads for them claiming this. Maybe someone can confirm this for me.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Got some 91 non oxy at the shell station in Laporte (on the way to snowy's) for 2.79 today. I hate running oxy cause it soaks up water like a sponge when it goes from butt cold to garage temps. used to cause me headaches with the "smart valves" in the M's. wouldn't worry much about the performance issues on a piped/canned motor.

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks for the updates on this. Im leaving this Thursday from Michigan to the Grand Mesa and want to find a fuel station along the way ( Near I-70 ) That sells non-eth fuels.
I will be running along I-80 all the way across until I make my way into Colorado.

If anyone knows of a good place tp stop and buy sled fuel please chime in. I will be filling cans and taking about 60 gallons with me. I have 15 gallons of 110 to blend in just to be safe. But I do not want to run ethanol!

Thanks in advance,

Keith

N
Dec 15, 2009
oxy fuels

I am just wondering if there really are any stations that truely don't have oxy fuels or if they just don't tell you.
I bring this up only because I used to deliver fuel, I would have one large tanker load and haul portions to many stations. All these stations make different claims about there fuel quality, and wether or not they have oxy or not. When in reality they all came from the same nossle and were identical fuels.

I'm off to ride right now, I was planning on trying one of the stations mentioned to see if my sled runs the same. I guess I'll see.

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
In eagle past vail we buy our fuel at the Sinclare station it has none oxygenated fuels. I am originally from MI near traverse city where you from in MI ?

I called the Sinclair fuel station this afternoon and spoke with the owner. He said all grades of his fuel are non oxygenated fuels. He sounded like this is a common question and prefered by the locals.

Thanks for yoru help!! ( Im from Macomb Twsp. outside of Detroit )

Keith

Keep posting........

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Just bought some non ethanol fuel in Frisco at Shell station.Went inside and asked since pump did not have a sticker.
They told me Colorado Shells are non E-10.They are blended with Nitrogen.
Paid $2.89 in Frisco for Super at Ski Country Shell,although it is $2.83 at the Shell across from Super 8 in Silverthorne/Dillon on Hwy 6.
Pete

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Just bought some non ethanol fuel in Frisco at Shell station.Went inside and asked since pump did not have a sticker.
They told me Colorado Shells are non E-10.They are blended with Nitrogen.
Paid $2.89 in Frisco for Super at Ski Country Shell,although it is $2.83 at the Shell across from Super 8 in Silverthorne/Dillon on Hwy 6.
Pete

I would be carefull with that. I know the Shell in Edwards, CO has sticker that says it is oxygenated. I stopped at that same Shell last year and asked and the guy had no clue what I was talking about which to me means it is oxygenated.

Premium Features