• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see your bar set ups!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
broken adjustable riser bar

just got back from the mountains and my bros 09 m1000 stock bar broke. The funny thing is it dident break where i thought it would (in the adjustable area) but right below the top bushing. I guess theres a weld there that wasnt quite right. he did also have a 5 in riser on the post (hes 6 11)
only 1200 miles on the sled, the whole adjustalbe bar thing is a load of crap anyways the wear our real fast, his was so sloppy it felt like the whole steering system was wore out. My sled only has 600 miles on it and the steerings already starting to feel loose so i think it will be a new post for me next year as well. The only time i used the telescopeing post was the first tip anyway and thats only because it was new and it seem like it would be nice. but you know what, i like my bars high even on the trail, after so many years of riding with ape hangers it feels stupid having the bars at you knees any one know of a real strong post for the M's and maybe a stronger steering hoop as well

B
Jan 20, 2009
ya I used to put them down on the trail then i'd see some powder and go stand up to go through it and my bars are down

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Re:telesopic bars

I had a pivot and a 5" Doo riser on my M1K, and a pivot and 3" riser on wifey's M8 - went to the telescopic post on both this year - and I will not go back to the solid post. It is convienent to lower the bars on the cold days riding up to the alpine, espeecially considering how "warm" A/C handwarmers are. Handguards are not an option, as they restrict riding position for me. I can live with the play in the column, and I've not broken one yet - sorry others haven't been so lucky...

Premium Features