• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leftover Pro 165 Boost

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Found a screaming deal on a leftover 23 Pro 165 Boost with velocity shocks.
I have been reading a bit on here with people saying that they didn't really like the Pro 165 because it is way too planted.
I would ideally like to have a 155 Khaos but the price on this thing is almost too good.
I currently have a 20 Khaos 850 stretched to 162 so I dont think I will really notice the little extra track length on the Boost but I also dont want it to be completely planted.
My plan would be to swap out the rails for a set of IceAge Khaos rails, take the spacer out of the front track shock, add the khaos limiter strap and maybe swap the track to a Camso 300M.
Has anyone had much experience going with a setup like this and was it really worth it to make the changes?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Yes, that's a good sled. I'd suggest riding it first, then tweaking accordingly. Especially since you're coming off an axys NA?

But if you just wanna go for it during summer season with Khaos ice age rails, longer limiter, etc. you won't be sorry. Maybe do the tunnel mod to accommodate the the 3.25" track while you're at it?

And if you're getting a smoking deal (which I'd consider something low $16s or hopefully $15s) then you may have cash leftover for shocks and tuning. Score.

It's been discussed at length in other threads, the 23 boosts benefit from having the latest flash along with some tuning/clutching. Then the latest evolution is the TRS/TKI power valve.

Have fun building!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
No need to buy rails, the 165 rail tip on rmk and khaos are the same.
On the 24, yes they are the same. But on the 23 the khaos and pro were a different rail profile. The difference is noticeable.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Yes, that's a good sled. I'd suggest riding it first, then tweaking accordingly. Especially since you're coming off an axys NA?

But if you just wanna go for it during summer season with Khaos ice age rails, longer limiter, etc. you won't be sorry. Maybe do the tunnel mod to accommodate the the 3.25" track while you're at it?

And if you're getting a smoking deal (which I'd consider something low $16s or hopefully $15s) then you may have cash leftover for shocks and tuning. Score.

It's been discussed at length in other threads, the 23 boosts benefit from having the latest flash along with some tuning/clutching. Then the latest evolution is the TRS/TKI power valve.

Have fun building!

Under $16k Canadian actually and they will take my 2020 on trade for a reasonable price.
I have a 23 Switchback Assault boost that I just did clutching and had the 24 flash installed and it rips so I bet I could get this one set up to run pretty good.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Found a screaming deal on a leftover 23 Pro 165 Boost with velocity shocks.
I have been reading a bit on here with people saying that they didn't really like the Pro 165 because it is way too planted.
I would ideally like to have a 155 Khaos but the price on this thing is almost too good.
I currently have a 20 Khaos 850 stretched to 162 so I dont think I will really notice the little extra track length on the Boost but I also dont want it to be completely planted.
My plan would be to swap out the rails for a set of IceAge Khaos rails, take the spacer out of the front track shock, add the khaos limiter strap and maybe swap the track to a Camso 300M.
Has anyone had much experience going with a setup like this and was it really worth it to make the changes?
I bought a 165 Pro, converted to a 162x3 Khaos. It’s better but 100% wish I had waited and found a 155.

You can make the front end as light as you want on the 162/165 but the trade off is trenching, and it still feels long.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Under $16k Canadian actually and they will take my 2020 on trade for a reasonable price.
I have a 23 Switchback Assault boost that I just did clutching and had the 24 flash installed and it rips so I bet I could get this one set up to run pretty good.
Under $16k CAD, that is a screaming deal. That makes the small cost of converting it to a Khaos a no-brainer to me.

Premium Features