• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos vs pro suspension for turbo

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Any thoughts on how the khaos rail profile is with turbo setup? I’m replacing track and likely extending to 165 so the ice age elevate/khaos Setup With fox QS3 has me interested, concerned about how bad the steeper profile will trench even with lockout/coupling and if I should stick with pro rails and fit an adjustable coupling setup.

as much as I like a playful sled , it’s pointless if I don’t have the capability to harness the power to get out of technical places without wheeling like crazy

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I only had the turbo on with the 163 track. Personally I like the front end to be able to pop up a little when you hit the gas. I don't like a wheelie monster though. The ski doo 850 comes up way to aggressively for what I like and the axys RMK is way too planted, complete opposites. Granted, with some adjusting of the front shocks, limiter strap and front rear shock you can get any sled to behave better. The khaos to me is where I like it. To each their own i guess.

A
Dec 16, 2018
I ran a 155 Khaos with the Boondocker turbo for the last half of the 2020 season, with no issues. It certainly is lighter in the front than the 155/163 Pro, however, once you get used to the setup and work through your shock settings, it can be dialed in just fine. If you like lighter ski pressure and a playful sled, it is for you. I was a bit worried about how it would differ from the Pro, but rode my Khaos everywhere I have taken the 163/174 Pros, even at 11K ft+.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
163 pro rmkhaos convertered here with Turbo. I didn't like how planted my 163 axys pro rmk was. The khaos conversion gave it the front end lift that I wanted. So short answer turbo, khaos 163 is a Win for me. Feels so much easier to change directions now. If you're getting those shocks you will be just fine in controlling the wheelie if you feel it's too much. I run Raptor Kinetics and they do a fine job on my sled.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Because the straight rails are no different after the ski’s are about a foot off the snow.

tipped up rails keep rotating.
I agree 100% but it seems to be the direction the mountain community to make the sleds better for flipping over backwards. Errybody wants to be Kesterke or Burandt

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I agree 100% but it seems to be the direction the mountain community to make the sleds better for flipping over backwards. Errybody wants to be Kesterke or Burandt
It’s actually more about the weight transfer when coming downhill for me.

easily pick the front end from down to back up and around.

I can quickly dial the sled into “pro rmk” mode with the rear rear low speed clicker.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
It’s actually more about the weight transfer when coming downhill for me.

easily pick the front end from down to back up and around.

I can quickly dial the sled into “pro rmk” mode with the rear rear low speed clicker.

For obvious reasons i think khaos geometry looks FUN but i prefer not flipping over backwards lol. i converted this old switchback assault over to Axys geometry +. About to go break it in after a 4 year hiatus with a 153x3x3. Should be wild?

pro assault switchy.jpg

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I’ve been running standard RMK geometry, but rode with a few Khaos sleds running similar boost with 163 track/155 tunnel setups. They hop out of the snow like a jet ski. I just ordered parts to convert mine to Khaos geometry to try and replicate it on a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I’ve been running standard RMK geometry, but rode with a few Khaos sleds running similar boost with 163 track/155 tunnel setups. They hop out of the snow like a jet ski. I just ordered parts to convert mine to Khaos geometry to try and replicate it on a budget.

Let us know what you think once your on the snow.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I’ve got 2 rides on Khaos geometry now. The first ride was in deep, sugar, bottomless snow so I couldn’t say much about the setup. The next ride had a bit of a base, and I’m very happy with the handling of the sled.

I only run 5 pounds of boost, so I always had a hard time getting the front end up in anything but a steep climb. This this hops around like a jet ski now, and feels like I’m running more boost. I’m still tweaking the suspension settings, but it rides just like the 2020 Khaos/163 setup in my group now. I’d highly recommend the mod for RMK riders looking for a more playful ride.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I’ve got 2 rides on Khaos geometry now. The first ride was in deep, sugar, bottomless snow so I couldn’t say much about the setup. The next ride had a bit of a base, and I’m very happy with the handling of the sled.

I only run 5 pounds of boost, so I always had a hard time getting the front end up in anything but a steep climb. This this hops around like a jet ski now, and feels like I’m running more boost. I’m still tweaking the suspension settings, but it rides just like the 2020 Khaos/163 setup in my group now. I’d highly recommend the mod for RMK riders looking for a more playful ride.

You said you were doing it on a budget. Can you share what you replaced?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
You said you were doing it on a budget. Can you share what you replaced?

I installed 163 Khaos profile Ice Age rails, and the Raptor front track shock extension. This sled wouldn’t lift the skis much before, but it’s froggy now. The front end is lighter and easier to pop out of the snow to change directions. All told I think I’m in it like $600?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I agree the more I look into converting the more I think I’m falling victim to good marketing for product I don’t need. For
The riding I do my gut says the khaos is a terrible idea. Got to ride a stock khaos me my first thought is this would
Make boring terrain fun again and would suck in advanced terrain and technical situations and bottomless snow with no good base for traction. Steeper attack angle means more trenching in my experience which does no favours UNLESS you wanna mess around on really easy mellow terrain.
With all the input I can see where people are using the khaos geometry to overcome shortfalls in their riding and why it makes sense.

need a drop and roll kit for the axys, ideally i would like to try this setup
-drop and roll axys
-khaos suspension mounting with pro rails( should work since its D&R)
-iceage spindles

Essentially a lifted pro might be my ticket

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I agree the more I look into converting the more I think I’m falling victim to good marketing for product I don’t need. For
The riding I do my gut says the khaos is a terrible idea. Got to ride a stock khaos me my first thought is this would
Make boring terrain fun again and would suck in advanced terrain and technical situations and bottomless snow with no good base for traction. Steeper attack angle means more trenching in my experience which does no favours UNLESS you wanna mess around on really easy mellow terrain.
With all the input I can see where people are using the khaos geometry to overcome shortfalls in their riding and why it makes sense.

need a drop and roll kit for the axys, ideally i would like to try this setup
-drop and roll axys
-khaos suspension mounting with pro rails( should work since its D&R)
-iceage spindles

Essentially a lifted pro might be my ticket
i just posted a joke more or less about this in fowled plug. MAYBE im wrong, and if i am i will admit it gladly. But i will tell you after putting a lot of hours into fielding some chassis i feel confident in being able to compete in 2021+ hill climb and hill X competitions... They look like 2005 snow cross sleds but BIGGER lol

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
This sled has already been over jackson back in 2013... Hoping i will be able to do the same this year! (wish me luck, donations accepted LOL, current sponsors are : local drug dealer who believes in me, Grandma, and SKIDOO*) *thats a joke but come on??? who patents triangles you french d bags

139457276_411413439969221_6055789027579202592_n.jpg

Premium Features