• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keweenaw Trail Conditions

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
Dang, wish I was up there!
I'm stuck in Texas one more week then back to Mi.
Hoping to get up there before heading out west in Feb.

GottaBWest

Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2009
My buddy (up there now) tells me via text about 20" from mesquito (bar) north. And jack ***t south of twin lakes. Bare ground in bruce crossing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
My buddy (up there now) tells me via text about 20" from mesquito (bar) north. And jack ***t south of twin lakes. Bare ground in bruce crossing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was a very spotty dump. Even within the les belts there are drastic differences. Calumet and Painsdale toivola area have the moat snow!

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
What did you get outta the one this morning?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nada in greater south range area. Heard the tip got a couple. Trailers are starting to show up left and right. Super windy right now. Still good but not real deep yet. Trails are fine in this area and prob good from toivola all the way to the tip.

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
anyone up there should post some pics... webcams are OK but good pictures are better... :face-icon-small-coo

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I'm just guessing here, but i bet the off trail is s#=! Still. Kinda bums me out. I'm going up today but not that excited...i hate trail riding!

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Do not go in the woods yet!!! Logging roads, untouched fields, power lines. Name of the game right now...here is a 30 second clip of powerline in south range. Plenty good for pow turns. Vid was the fourteenth I think so we have more snow now. It's windy as hell right now though. I will get a few more clips this afternoon..

https://vimeo.com/57602105

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
I would not get a cabin in twin lakes personally. As far as calumet i dont ride there often I know they got a similar amount of snow in a few areas southwest of calumet. There will be some deeper snow up there as well. If you want to stay on this side of the bridge look at south range like at the retreat or something.. Or stay in houghton and split the difference. I am personally partial to the logging roads of Painsdale and toivola right now.. Boondocker we are riding today at 1 if you can make it to south range. Green m8 yellow pants meeting at the unfinished garage on second street right off the trail in town... I will make you change your mind about how deep it is promise!

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
We won't be up till tonight. Staying at park view. We could meet up tomorrow.

Ya sounds great. You wanna meet at the mosquito in the morning? They serve breakfast now...they were just starting that. But ya lemme know I am flexible and since there were no plans until Sunday for riding this is perfect!

D

DM116

Jan 5, 2008
Does anyone know what the snow has been like in Mohawk? We have a room at the American inn for the 26th. We have done some off trail stuff up towards Mohawk and have found some good terrain up there, just wondering how it is with the snow being so spotty. I am sure the lines will be beat after this weekend from Houghton down towards Twin Lakes.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Does anyone know what the snow has been like in Mohawk? We have a room at the American inn for the 26th. We have done some off trail stuff up towards Mohawk and have found some good terrain up there, just wondering how it is with the snow being so spotty. I am sure the lines will be beat after this weekend from Houghton down towards Twin Lakes.

No clue.. If its not deep there your within a 15 min ride of deeper snow. You need super local intel at this point.. You should be alright in Mohawk. Like stated above though the deepest snow was reported southwest of calumet I believe. Check with people up there

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Alrighty so no posts cause I have been sledding like a maniac. Every hotel in the keweenaw is full I am sure. But have no fear cause its gonna be so cold and windy over the next couple days that most people will not be really able to do much. So the pow will continue to stack up and off trail play will be limited. I personally at this point I am looking forward to when the wind dies and the temps rise a smidge. Puts us at about Tuesday for the easily one of the best days of the season..... Just sayin

Toivola has at least 25" of fresh with a great base. Still duuuuuumping

Last edited:
B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
Not that deep...stay home lol
jusu3ypu.jpg

Premium Features