• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keweenaw Trail Conditions

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Pretty sketchy without a base though im assuming. I can wait till I get home from wyo in a few weeks...

Ha ha. That's funny. Dude as of today its as deeeeeep with few base Concerns.. You can go wherever you want.. sketchy no, Best days of sledding you've ever had in Michigan yes. dont kid yourself. Over the hood all day right now., Everyone should load up. I saw people stuck all over!! Boondocker and I had a super deep day 2 days ago and there is easily 30" of fresh now! Load up!!!

Last edited:
B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
Rode south of twin lakes today and it was absolutely the best riding all week! Over the hood, in your goggles, deep! Sorry for anyone who missed it, its the best your gonna get.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1358799427429.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358799500050.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358799536183.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358799568431.jpg

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
45+ inches of snow have fallen in the last 9 days in the toivola and calumet lake effect snow areas... The official stats are in:face-icon-small-ton

Update: additional 12-17" so 60" of snow to play in. Just had the best day I have ever had in the u.p hands down! Still dumping..

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
45+ inches of snow have fallen in the last 9 days in the toivola and calumet lake effect snow areas... The official stats are in:face-icon-small-ton

Update: additional 12-17" so 60" of snow to play in. Just had the best day I have ever had in the u.p hands down! Still dumping..

Shhhhh man! You'll ruin it for the locals.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Shhhhh man! You'll ruin it for the locals.

I figure the more the merrier... I didn't really cross a single track today other than my buddies and when using the trail for a second.. Amazong how many people are all ready in town...Did ya get out? Was that your crew of rmks in south range today? Hope ya killed it!

D

DM116

Jan 5, 2008
How are the power lines from Twin lakes to Houghton? I was planning on ridding there Saturday ad heading North of the bridge on Sunday.

If any body is intrested we are going to ride from Mohawk to the old Air Force base on Sunday, pretty cool terrain that doesnt get to beat up.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I figure the more the merrier... I didn't really cross a single track today other than my buddies and when using the trail for a second.. Amazong how many people are all ready in town...Did ya get out? Was that your crew of rmks in south range today? Hope ya killed it!

Yeah we ride ~4 times a week. That was most likely us, yes. We're staying off the hills until it gets really good.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Still kinda deep.. I don't know why I keep showing when I stick it but its been fairly inevitable and it seems my friends enjoy taking pictures of these events...:third:

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Looking for a ride to cooke or someone to split gas. Going to be skiing as much as sledding so really just looking or for a ride and will pay my portion of the gas. I could also drive if you have a trailer for your sled..

Premium Features