• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jetting on a 2007 ski doo 800ho

H
Nov 11, 2020
Greetings all new here. Trying to find a good starting point for jetting my sled, first newer sled ive owned and dont know alot about it. Its a 07 ski doo renegade 800h.o with boyeson reed cages and sno stuff can. Thank you for any help, its greatly appreciated

H
Nov 11, 2020
I'm not sure what the dpm is. It was running okay but had low compression on the stator side cylinder so im doing a top end on it, bought the boyeson reeds because the stock boots were toast it did have a unbranded can on it that was loud as hell when i bought it, so I bought a ano stuff one. But even with the low compression it seemed to run pretty good. I just didn't want something else to go bad

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Dpm is a altitude compensating device on the sled. They are jetted for sea level and lean out as you go up . It says stock is a 440 main jet. You might need to adjust the needle a bit with the reeds but other than that it should run with factory jetting.

H
Nov 11, 2020
Dpm is a altitude compensating device on the sled. They are jetted for sea level and lean out as you go up . It says stock is a 440 main jet. You might need to adjust the needle a bit with the reeds but other than that it should run with factory jetting.
Thanks alot really appreciate the advice

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
DPM varies float bowl pressure to adjust for both altitude and temperature. It sits above the carbs, a round black plastic case with tubes running out of it that run to the carbs. Can be tested with a 9v battery and paper clip - Dootalk will have instructions on how to do this if you're interested. On older sleds, the pressure lines will crack and leak. I know that all early renegades had it, at least. I owned two gades and four summits with DPM. Jets work the same, but be careful - there is little leeway if you have DPM between safe and lean when you rejet, especially at lower elevations. On summits with DPM I would only shim the needles to get spot on in the midrange - the rest of fuel curve was very good. When DPM fails it runs full rich. It was very effective and innovative - originally developed for the ultralight aircraft motors. First, confirm you have it. Should be a decal on the hood if the stock decals are in place. Doo's site will have specs for older sleds that should list it, too.

Premium Features