• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Arctic Cat Warranting adjustable (VSB) steering posts?

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
If the bars were loose and tilted to one side then more than likely the bolt accessible from the bottom of the tunnel is loose. Try it.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
That was the fix on my '09 M1000. I got 3-4 full turns out of the upper two bolts. My post/bars were wicked loose.

There are 2 places to tighten the VSB bars up at. One is at the steering brace, there are 2 nyloc nuts that can be adjusted. The other place is on the bottom of the tunnel just ahead of the track. Flip the sled up on its side and you will see the nyloc nut. BTW the one under my sled came loose with 40 miles on it. One other person posted the same earlier in the year. Procedure only takes a minute or two. I have rolled my sled and had no problems so far.

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Has anybody else bent there steering posts and got warranty for them?
Bent mine bad this weekend on my 09 M. Gonna check with dealer on warranty tommorow. They work great but seem flimsy and not very strong just my opinion. Hopefully beefed up for 2010.

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Like I said earlier, I love the idea and if we can figure out how to make them work I'll keep them on my sled.[/QUOTE]

What is to figure out??? You can't compare a thrashed demo sled with a bent steering post to what your going to experiance on your personal sled.;) Got 340 miles on mine so far..Best sled I ever owned..:D I thought smoothdawg posted a easy fix. Also was this from the same dealer that you demo'd both the m-8 and m1000 before? Wasn't the clutching all screwed up on one because of poor dealer setup?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
boy, do any of you other guys ride with any other 09's or what?

EVERY 09 I have run across aside from 1 has a VERY loose steering post. I'm not impressed.

The spots that were mentioned to righten are on every M, they ALL get a bit loose if you ride hard, but the 09 is different, if you don't see this you're riding in a haze & you should stop smoking the chronic.

My 09 broke the bulkhead without even ever leaving my hands, not sure if this is related to the post but it's happened to a few sleds around here. I've beat the piss out of my 07 & 08 and not had this problem so it seems like it might be related but not 100% sure.

Premium Features