• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is a skid plate worth it?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
So in order to ditch my sway bar I had to take off the red polaris skid plate I have on there and wondering if it is worth it to even put it back on. I feel that it collects more snow and ice then what its worth? Should I put it back on or ditch that too?

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
yes it is !!! If i would have had one on my 900 I wouldnt have dented/ripped off the a arm mounting tab the rock wouldn't have grabbed on to the bulkhead just slid and I would have only needed a set of arms

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Well I didnt mean to make it sound like a stupid question....I just spent a lot of time last season watching and knocking out ice built up between the bulkhead and skid plate...

Thanks, Jack

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
personally, I am going a step farther, I took off my polaris skid plate am am gonna put on a skinz... I want as much protection as I can get on the front end, you can tell how flimsy that front lower plastic is... wouldn't be hard to stick a small 4" stump through the lower 'grill' where the radiator use to be:eek:

I figure the skidplate on my 800 saved my sled from some abuse, I want a big one on the 9 too, lol

do you need one... no, up to you

my $0.005 (recession, I can't spare much:p)

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
So in order to ditch my sway bar I had to take off the red polaris skid plate I have on there and wondering if it is worth it to even put it back on. I feel that it collects more snow and ice then what its worth? Should I put it back on or ditch that too?

I feel they are needed, kind of the why not syndrome? It does protect a bit and the second you take it off you will no doubt smash something. It's just Murphy!

Premium Features