• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intermittent power to fuel pump

W
Dec 26, 2018
I have a 2007 AC F5 that I have been fighting with since the beginning of last year. One minute it runs just fine and the next It dies and won’t start then the next minute it starts and runs fine again. I have had it to two different dealers and they just keep changing parts And the problem is still there. The one dealership said that they changed the stator, checked the tps and a few other things and the other changed the fuel tank (recall), reflashed the ecu (recall) and installed a new fuel pump. I did a little troubleshooting of my own and have narrowed it down to the fuel pump getting intermittent power. I couldn’t get it started the other day so I hooked the fuel pump Power wires directly to a small quad battery and the sled started and ran fine. Drove up and down the street without issues. Disconnected the wires from the battery and the sled died as it has been doing. Hook them back up and it starts and runs fine. I Plugged the pump wire back to the original plug and the sled started and ran fine up and down the street several times then stalled. Went home and grabbed the battery and hooked the fuel pump directly to power again and it started right up and ran fine. According to the maintenance manual the stator has a coil To supply power specifically for the fuel pump circuit. Can the stator work intermittently if it is bad or will it either work or not. Like I said the first dealership said that they changed The stator but looking at the wires and the parts they would have had to remove to get at the stator, it doesn’t really look like the did what they said. What could cause this intermittent power issue

W
Dec 26, 2018
I found it. You’re right it was a wiring issue. Broken wire between the ecu and the fuel pump plug. That little broken wire created a lot of frustration.

Premium Features