• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dan and his work

J
Mar 9, 2008
I am sure that you have all heard of the crank from Indy Dan that failed. I am the one who broke the crank. It turned out that my oil pump was not working and that is why the crank failed. None the less, Dan still helped me through everything. He is a stand up guy and I would not question his motors the least bit.
Let me make this crystal clear, there was nothing wrong with the motor Dan built for me, my oil pump froze up and that is why the engine failed. So if you have a bottom end from Dan I would not sit there worrying about it, and if you are thinking about getting a bottom end from Dan, I would highly recommend it.

T

TWISTER

Jul 7, 2002
Colton South Dakota
Glad you had the guts to tell the world the truth. Now do you guys understand why the internet is not a good place just to spout off before you have all the facts. jst854 good on you Dan does tons of work for me and when something doesn't go right no one is more upset than Dan himself.

Rob

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Oil Pump Testing

Just wondering how you figured out it was your oil pump? and are there any ways to of figured it out before it failed?

J
Mar 9, 2008
I premixed the first tank and it went on the third. Dan also said the bearings were really dry. Once I got it all back together and fired up(with premix) I bleed the pump and pulled the lines while holding the level open for about 5 mins and nothing was comming out. Dan also said that the oil in the lines was VES which I did not run at all this year, so there is no way that the pump was working.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I had a warranty issue and he took very good care of me. I'm not going to b.s. you and tell you how good his work is because I have 0 miles on my 800 Torque Master. I will say that Dan's a man of his word and admitted to a mistake he made and stood behind his product 110%. If you need detail's pm me but his customer service went far beyond my expectations. I not glad I needed his warranty but there's no one I know of that would have taken care of me better.

Premium Features