• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I was worried that this would happen

S
Nov 26, 2007
We have a 2007 M1000 162, took it in to get the "Update" done to it, the 2nd time round, it has already had ONE reflash already, lets not forget that one. We get the sled back from getting ALL updates done, and the reflash and it runs like a rich pig. What a POS. Smoking like crazy at bottom to mid range, then clears up on top. Anyway long story short, we took it back in and found out that if u have had EITHER the first or this last update done to your M1000, that the NEW FLASH is meant to be run with PREMIUM FUEL, meaning at least 91 octane, not the original from factory 87 octane that the M1000's in 07 were said to run with. The dealer told us another guy had one with the updates done, it was an 08, and it ran like sh1t until he put premium 91 octane fuel in it, then it ran better than ever. So we are going to try running the m1000 on 91 octane instead of 87 and see if it really is the difference maker, or if Arctic Cat should re-release another reflash that doesnt suck balls.

BTW the only altitude we have tested it is around our river flats at around 2300ft elevation, no mountain testing done on it yet, just so we are clear.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
I thought so.....

If the sleds are stock as stated I just can't think of another variable that makes sense. My bet is the fuel pressure is either too high or too low in some cases causing these issues. It's an easy check and then at least you have some facts to work with. Is everyone running 87 octane as recommended by AC? Just throwing ideas out there.

I was under the impression that 87 octane was recommended by Cat in these sleds too.... until as i stated above, my dealer told me that Cat when they released the first flash and update changed the recommended fuel on the 1000 to 91 to better suit these lastest flashes. I dunno why its the first i am hearing of this, but its what my dealer told me. After the reflash, run 91 not 87. Anyone know anything different, i would LOVE to hear some more input so i can make this pig run a bit better. We will be trying 91 in it soon. Heard of one other guy running 91 after the reflash and he says that made the difference from pig to rocket.

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
The update/re-flash will hurt you unless the entire update is done, and the exhaust system it totally stock. any deviations from this will cause problems

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
It could be that cat has the same problems we have with our heavy trucks. We take them to a dealer to get an updated reflash and there are always some that actually get worse and need another reflash. My home computer is the same way. If I try to update a program, it sometimes takes a couple of tries to get out with the old and in with the new.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
I took matters into my own hands!!!
-boondocker controller
-y-pipe
-egt's
-sno-pro air box
-gut hood
-boss seat
-boondocker nos (50 hp shot)
-mbrp can
-boondocker go fast sticker

it rips now!!!

judging by the egt's I found;
-bottem end is rich
-mid is huge fat
-top is very lean (friend has stocker with controller, up 12pts)

Last edited:
Premium Features