• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think I may have fix the belt issues on my 09M1000, but...

I think I may have fixed my belt issues on my 09M1000, but...

I was at the shootout yesterday and the powder was AWESOME!! I had just changed my clutching a few days before, I changed both clutch springs, a Gold in the Primary, a dark Green in the Sec. I also used a dremel to open up the spring cup on the primary. The belt survived with no strings coming out. I stopped a few times and felt the clutches and belt and they were never too hot to touch. While climbing I had a bogging problem at first so I increased the pre load on the secondary, and that cleaned that up. BUT now it will bog when I go from idle to WOT. The sled is a running SOB but off the line I have to hold the brake and bring the RPMS up to avoid the bog. I really like the 3000 rpm engagement of the gold spring but the bog off the line is tremendous, the sled just about doesn't move. It only seemed to happen while I was drag racing my buddies. Any suggestions to clean this up? Th e rest of my setup is in my signature.

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
X2......put a fuel controller on and adjust your fuel to give more at hole shot. That is your bog, not enough fuel when you pin it.

I agree that this is the issue. i found that the progressive helix needed more fuel faster to keep up with the increased load out of hole. HOWEVER - i cannont i figure out how to turn on my damn accel feature on my BD box! I did find out that i have the fuel only box, BUT BD swears you can turn on the feature regardless of the type of box you have... :eek:

Anyone know!?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Nothing wrong on the accel. mapping on '09s. Maybe even a little too much when you richen up cruising to non EPA settings.

The fuel controller box was the one thing I was trying to stay away from, nothing wrong with them, but once I get one theres nothing stopping me from other bolt ons, and a pi$$ed off wife.:D Oh well gues I'll start shopping around thanks for the help fellas.

R
Nov 30, 2007
Same issue...

If you stab it and it hesitates ----> Not enough fuel
If you stab it and it blubbers or pops ----> Too much fuel

I have the same issue on my 07 M8..
When I pin it from idling - it seems like it´s only running on one cylinder. I have to let off throttle and then pin it again, before she runs well.
This also causes a problem when I go downhill, turn, and then go up again..
Not enough fuel? Can´t remember what my BD # are, can check it out tomorrow, but it´s on the minus side, for sure.
Been like this all the time, both before and after intake mod.
:confused:

Premium Features