• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have finally found true love

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Last Saturday, I had the privelage of attending the Demo Days that Carl's Cycle sales put on in the mountains southwest of Cascade. I was quickly greeted by one of the reps form Carl's (im terrible with names) who asked me if I would like to go for a ride. I was able to compare a pump gas turbo and an 860 big bore to my freshly rebuilt 09 800 with twin pipes and Carl's head mod. I was getting ready to head back to camp when Rob from F-Bomb Racing offered me a ride on his twin piped 800. Within 10 feet, I was in love with this sled. The combination of the Alpha X rear, Evol fronts and the RSI handle bars fit me like a glove. I have never jumped on a sled that fit so perfect. I was so wrapped up in the handling that I couldn't even tell you if it ran or not(which im confident in asuming that it ripped). For any of you folks thinking about jumping the Poo ship to Cat(im guilty), I would consider talking to these guys because you wont find service and knowledge like this anywhere else. I would also like to give recognition to my dealer here in Twin Falls, Action Cycles n Sleds. Abram worked on rebuilding my sled until 10 pm Friday night so I could make the trip to Cascade. Happy Trails

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I to was thinking of selling my T8 and decided to give the sled one more try and was looking at the Timbersled rear,, and floats up front.... How is the transfer on the Alpha that is my biggest problem with the turbo is I just cant keep the skis biting under boost and climbing and did it also have the holz front arms with or with out sway bar,,, Im asuming at this time of year the snow is really set up?? and which bar did rob have on the back country or the race bars,, the race bars are flat straight across in the middle ,,the back country have a dip in the middle like the 08 bars

Last edited:

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
It truely is a great feeling to get on a machine for the first time and have it feel so good. Just like a guys favorite ball cap and T-shirt. Unfortunitly because of where I live we do not get to experience a demo day like the one Carl's puts on. However, I did have a ride in late March on a friends '09 D8 163 and what a great feel to that machine. Like you were part of the machine as you were riding. At the time I had a troubled historied '08 D8 159 that had been running great since putting on an '09 ECU (700miles). I also though of switching brands as well but after that ride on that '09 machine I said to my self, "self, you would be crazy to not stay with the absolute best handling, easy running machine". Goodies to put on the new one include: SLP Single Pipe, Holz Coil-Over Rear, SLP high flow air intake (all from old machine). Recent purchase from Holz includes a set of Fox Float2 front shocks, Vent Kits front & rear. Will buy a set of Ron's weights in the fall, helix/spring combo from '08 D8 will then put the clutching bang on. I can not wait!!!! Where is the snow? OH I forgot, it's June 4th, I golfed 9 holes early this AM and it is going to be about 84 F is afternoon. I will have to wait for November I guess.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
In my opinion, there is no comparison to a turbo. The turbo can be compared to my Duramax with the Edge programmer, you think that it is going to level off at 80mph uphill, but it still keeps pulling. The snow was hard and I didn't find a pull long enough to really test the turbo, but needless to say, i was impressed. The 860 performed well, but for the money, I would go with the turbo. Again, just my uneducated opinion. As for the bar setup, they were the race bar I believe. I don't want to get into telling everyone what is on another dude's sled, because I am not totally sure and it would be better heard from the " horses mouth" so to speak. Check with Rob on the setup, he is super-cool to talk to.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
welcome to the good times, i have jumped on the new sleds myself and i still like my dragon, of course its what you like and everyone has their own opinion, know if poo d7cks around with me on this 8 which is still runnin good and thanks to this forum i now know how to keep it alive, or from blowin up, i would pic a 09 m8, isn't as easy as the dragon to throw around but it would do in a pinch;)

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
welcome to the good times, i have jumped on the new sleds myself and i still like my dragon, of course its what you like and everyone has their own opinion, know if poo d7cks around with me on this 8 which is still runnin good and thanks to this forum i now know how to keep it alive, or from blowin up, i would pic a 09 m8, isn't as easy as the dragon to throw around but it would do in a pinch;)

Finally someone who agrees that the polaris is easier to throw around than the m series. I thought i was just a retard all by myself on that one.:eek:
Brad

Premium Features