• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to Trick out a 06 M7

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Get rid of the stock can, y pipe, head, twin pipes if you want to do more tuning or go for a bb kit. A turbo will give you even more but is deffinitely a bigger investment. Secondary clutch kits that convert to a torsion spring setup will improve shifting characteristics. A boss seat will drop some weight along with removing the underhood padding. BDX airboxes drop more pounds but I cannot personally comment on the performance. Side pannel vents will eliminate alot of underhood heat and help the belts last longer. I have fastlane vents on mine. They also make good snow eliminators for the running boards to keep them clear of snow.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
RKT 800 kit
Powerclaw track, This would be my first mod
New 09 rear tunnel section
A clutch kit, either RKT or team conversion
Boss seat and some snow eliminators

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
on my m7 i run the aaen can timbersled intake, with doing the intake removed all under hood pading replaced with heat tape,snow eliminators, did xxxmodrod vents on sides and hood, boss seat,holtz light weight a arms, two wheel kit,bdx rear bumber, ported my track, dad y pipe, did the team secondary set up. and a rk tek head all and all my set up works great i can hang with my buddys hcr boondocking and climbing. in a drag race it is just who jumps first thats who wins. smoke other m7s alot of the time in drags and hill climbs.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Van Amburg tunnel
D&D 900 Big Bore
D&D Y-pipe and fat boy single
MBRP can
Timbersled intake
Inside wheel kit with billet wheels
2" powermadd riser
Boss seat
SLP side vents
AC Hood vent
Goldfinger lefty throttle
OVS secondary Kit
Simmons Skis
Digitron EGT's
BDX Scratchers
No need for a snowflapp thy're just extra weight
And last but not least dont orget a muffpot!!

justawesome.jpg

Dec 22, 2007
Well if you had 5 or 6 k to dump into a 7 on top of what you paid for the sled, You might consider just buying a 09 m8 and selling the m7. Very few get there investment back out.

If your looking for just making your M7 better.

Check your squish make sure its at .060. $120 to get it milled. It really makes a difference. Or spend more-get more, rktec head.

Clutch Kit/shift assist/helix $200 Helix is up to you and your riding style/elevation.

Pipe Kit/Y pipe/pipe/can. Start with the Y/pipe most of the gain is there. Find one used and stay away from twins. There's a ton of stuff out there. I went with D&D Y/Pipe/Can and im very happy. There can is loud. You will get alot of opinions on which is best. Many say stock is best for a stock sled.

I would recomend a Power Claw track to anyone!! Seat of the pants differance.

That would be a good start...

907KB

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
as you can see there is plenty to do....what are you looking to spend?

Here is what i would do
1. Bradstory turbo
2.Powder Claw track
3.Arctic Cat 09 rear bumber kit
4.Fastlane 2 wheel kit
5.Fastlane side vents
6.Fastlane no-snos
7.Simmion Skis
8.Boss Seat
9.Fox Floats
10.Move bolt around on tunnel
11.BD-X Power Value delete kit