• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to adjust the shift Solenoid?

R
Dec 31, 2007
Riding my 07' M8 up a hill last weekend when all momentum ceased throwing me into the throttle and blowing my belt. I put on the new belt and went for revers to get in a better position. Reverse wouldn't engage nor would forward, when in reverse mode the track is locked up and in forward mode the track spins freely but I can hear the gears slightly grinding.
It's either the DD or the Solenoid needs to be adjusted - How does one go about adjusting the solenoid?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
think your problems are deeper then what you are expecting.you better have a look in your drive so you don;t get left in the back country..a new drive belt installed you can expect a shift problem into reverse only momentarilly untill you get a few feet forward to get belt and free play and should correct itself and shift right after that as long as belt aint tight....it sounds like you have more serious problems...anyway shift solenoid shaft shoud always be sprayed occasionally through the housing as well

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I don't beleive the solonoid is adjustable.
From my experience, once the DD grinds, its a matter of time before it fails.
Towed a buddy off the hill saturday, blown DD.
A week or 2 prior I noticed his DD grinding in reverse.
Take it apart, you won't like what you see.

Premium Features