• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how tall of riser can the m8 use

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I read on the forum 4" and 6" if you re-route the throttle cable.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have the 2" AMP riser on the VSB bars of my 09 M8 Sno Pro and want at least another 2" of height. I rode again yesterday and confirmed that I need more height.

I wonder if I can put a 2" or 3" riser under (in addititon to) the AMP riser somehow? Maybe AMP would just build a 4" or 5" riser?

If I can't find a way to go higher I may just buy an aftermarket steering post with a built in 4" rise and go from there.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I have the 2" AMP riser on the VSB bars of my 09 M8 Sno Pro and want at least another 2" of height. I rode again yesterday and confirmed that I need more height.

I wonder if I can put a 2" or 3" riser under (in addititon to) the AMP riser somehow? Maybe AMP would just build a 4" or 5" riser?

If I can't find a way to go higher I may just buy an aftermarket steering post with a built in 4" rise and go from there.

Hey i sent AMP an email the other day about the need for 4 or 5" risers for the 09's. Haven't heard anything back but it would help if more people sent them emails:D:beer;

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Got it MUZBOMB.

I will send them an e mail as well.

I think the handlebar height people prefer is in direct proportion to their inseam length.

I have a 34" inseam. I bet the guys with 36" are really wanting a 6" riser.

I like my forearms parallel with the ground when I'm standing up and riding. With the 2" riser, I'm not even close.

What do you guys think about AMP moving the bars 1 1/2" forward? I think it's fine and maybe it could even go another 1/2" forward (2") if they make a taller riser.

Come on AMP. Hook us up?

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yep

I got the amp 2 inch on a 09 with the adjustable bars, and I could use some more also. I just don't want to weaken that damn post anymore. Athough I have beat on it pretty hard this year,and its still in one piece. Theres a local company that makes risers, and I'm going to try and contact them about a 09 riser.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
ttt any tips-tricks on re-routing to making a 4,5,6'' riser work without extending cables? I would like to see some pics of the re-routing if someone would help me out.

Premium Features