• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How Mike Comisac (aka 877snowhawk) ripped me off...

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
right on mule!

sounds like we might get you on a 1 ski afterall....

good think he dont got a snowhawk! all the time and money and retrofitting we have to do to make it work right,he would be really pissed!

how much you want for the kit anyways? seriously

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
That fix looks limp anyways I wouldn't pay 50$ for that machined piece. Quit jumping your Explorer on to flat ice, they are not meant for that type of abuse. Should of sold the kit back to Mike and then you wouldn't have to be crying on this forum, you sound like a real baby.
+1
Quit crying, they offered to buy it back and you declined. I've read your other post and you seem like quite the doucher.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007

good think he dont got a snowhawk! all the time and money and retrofitting we have to do to make it work right,he would be really pissed!

I've already been on one, they are a blast. Love to have a backup "sled" for early season/spring riding where I don't want to destroy the 900.

And with the grunt my 525xcw has compared to the 450 i rode, that thing would rip in the snow.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Tall boy.. Just be done with it and get yourself a Hawk.. Its the real deal..
The explorer is for exploring not jumping.. just ask Max.:beer;

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
"The real deal"

Tall boy.. Just be done with it and get yourself a Hawk.. Its the real deal..
The explorer is for exploring not jumping.. just ask Max.:beer;

Well, I gotta say that reading this from you off road rider sure puts a very large, happy/surprised smile on my face ! :D

And as a personnal protestation against that bs thread, I won't post anything on it anymore. I encourage everybody to do so, the last thing that needed to be said has been said now anyway. ;)

Tlkd

T
Oct 15, 2008

2K + shipping? I don't think I used it 10 times this winter.

I'm definitely willing to entertain offers on the kit. I bought it to be able to ride around the Keweenaw Peninsula but it doesn't perform as I had hoped. Sure, it goes through powder pretty well (I've buried it about every other time I've gone out and it's a PITA to get unstuck), and is fast in tight twisty sections, but I can't power slide around corners at speeds I would like because the track won't stick well enough with out studs and I don't want to put those stupid screw in studs in the track and rip the lugs (off). More than that though is my fuel range. I like to go for 100+ mile rides in a day and with this kit there's enough drag that is sucks a lot of horse power and fuel. With my studded tires I can run about 70-75 mph on a snowmobile trail, but with the kit I can only get up to 60-65. I also had to go to a 13T counter shaft sprocket to even be able to run 5th gear. My summer 15T wouldn't even pull 4th gear, third was as high as I could go. I put on a 14T (14T is stock btw) and that would pull 4th, but it would bog down in 5th so it couldn't really pull that either. I had to run a 13T to be able to get enough torque from my 400 to be able to handle the track kit on the snowmobile trails (it would definatley be better on a 525 or 600/650). The biggest reason I want to ditch the track kit though is the fuel range. I can get 40ish mpg in the summer on the bike, I only get 18 mpg if I only ride the snowmobile trail, and don't run as fast as I can. It's worse as soon as I get in any type of powder. If I rode around locally and didn't go far, it's not a problem, but with a 3.3 gallon total capacity tank (including reserve) that gives me about a 60 mile fuel range. That means I can't skip a gas stop going up the Keweenaw or I'm going to get stranded. Even then if I do any side trailing on the way up to Copper Harbor, I probably won't make it. It's better mileage than most sleds, but a sled has about twice the fuel on it, or more. I know ADB has the stupid gas can rack that attaches to the kit, but if you run any trails that are whooped out at all, you know how bad of an idea it is to add 20lbs of unsprung weight to the kit.

I don't know where you guys came up with the idea of me "jumping" the bike. First off, I've been told by Mike that they want to race these kits in snowcross. That's what I picture as jumping; doubles, tripples etc. In what you guys term as me "jumping" my track never got more than about 4 in. off the ground. It's not like I was skying the bike off 20 ft. jumps. :confused:

At this point my complaint is not about the $$. I ate that a long time ago. My complaint in writing this is to expose how untrustworthy I found Mike to be. Same principle with my post about "explorer kit owners beware". I wasn't trying to slam ADB as I was trying to expose a very real deisgn flaw, and i didn't want anyone else to go through the crap I've had to. If I can use my experience to save someone else the trouble, that's what I want to do. It doesn't do anyone any good if I have the whole thing blow up in my face only to sit quiet just to have it happen to someone else. So basically I'm complaining out of principle. It really bothers me when someone stabs me in the back and I feel I have on obligation to do what I can to try and prevent someone else from have the same thing happen to them.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Oh, I'm also looking at selling the kit because I'm thinking about selling the bike too. I could use the money for school bills and when I get married next spring I doubt I'm going to have any place to keep it, or possibly even use it. Doesn't help I have too much stuff to move out of my house when I graduate, so getting rid of the kit and the bike/all the stuff that goes with it will make moving a much easier task. :rolleyes:

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
dont worry akmc800...

all single ski riders are fags.hahaha i think i have some red rep telling me to shove my single ski in the dark hole or something to that affect..i wonder if all the guys riding 1 wheel in the front all terrain off road scooters are fags too?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
..i wonder if all the guys riding 1 wheel in the front all terrain off road scooters are fags too?[/QUOTE]

If you ride one of those then ...YES...:eek: you are a fag..

T
Oct 15, 2008
..i wonder if all the guys riding 1 wheel in the front all terrain off road scooters are fags too?

If you ride one of those then ...YES...:eek: you are a fag..

I'm not even sure I know what you're talking about, but maybe it's better that way. I guess it's all just a matter of perspective...kind of like dirt bikers calling quad riders quadtards. ;)

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
all single ski riders are fags.hahaha i think i have some red rep telling me to shove my single ski in the dark hole or something to that affect..i wonder if all the guys riding 1 wheel in the front all terrain off road scooters are fags too?

Hey Buffy...maybe some day you can be called a "one ski pork sord" like me...:eek:...but that's Mike's fault for getting me into this mess to begin with!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
we call em' quadgeeks in western ny....well im proud to say im a fag for riding a 1 ski machine and dirt bike,no quad...just dont tell my wife!

I still havent told my wife I bought a Hawk.... Perhaps the ref to "scooter" is diff from the west to east coast..

Premium Features