• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How does one "trick" the secondary

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
In theory, there would be less 'load' at the secondary with lower gears. What are you trying to accomplish?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
trick's?

ride the brake.........?

your on the right track, gearing down ...........less load through the secondary which equals less engine rpm................but guys gear down and it doesn't work that way, well because their clutching was off to start with, theories are good as long as everything is theoreticlly correct, then its a good theory.

the trick.........just say it isn't so.

J
Nov 26, 2007
I was also wondering if it was possible myself, to "mask" the reduced load from gearing down through the secondary, the only problem i'm having since gearing down is sorta simple but to no avail so far. Everytime you let of the gas the rollers come of the forward cam and into the reverse part of cam, sometimes banging into the reverse notches and cutting up the rollers pretty good. Even from 10mph to a rolling stop and open up the side panel and it is in full reverse position, not enough resistance to keep it in forward position (compression set-up). Just trying to fix it. Hence looking for ideas:)

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
I was also wondering if it was possible myself, to "mask" the reduced load from gearing down through the secondary, the only problem i'm having since gearing down is sorta simple but to no avail so far. Everytime you let of the gas the rollers come of the forward cam and into the reverse part of cam, sometimes banging into the reverse notches and cutting up the rollers pretty good. Even from 10mph to a rolling stop and open up the side panel and it is in full reverse position, not enough resistance to keep it in forward position (compression set-up). Just trying to fix it. Hence looking for ideas:)

Torsional conversion kit.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Layton Utah
no tricks, add weight to the primary clutch, you could also use a steeper angle helix or less spring tension in the secondary. If your clutching was close before your gear swap you should have noticed a rise in rpm after the gear change adding weight to the primary will add the load to the motor and drop the rpm back to where it belongs adjustable weights make the process a lot faster and easier.

Premium Features