• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holtz Bracket Install Help

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
I'm trying to install the Holz relocation bracket on my 06 M7, when loosening the front arm mounting bolts I can get one side out but when I try to turn the other side the axle just spins with the bolt inside the arm. Is there any trick to getting the second bolt out? I don't see any way of grabbing the axle to make it stop spinning.

Thanks for any tips.

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
get the bolt hot with a propane torch tighten back up the side you loosend and use a impact on the side that you are having trouble with

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Let me clarify, neither bolt is stuck or seized, I can get both out, but only one at a time. If I remove the left bolt, then try the right bolt the axle just spins with the bolt. If I put the left bolt back in I can remove the right bolt but then I can't get the left one back out because again the axle spins with the bolt. Is the heat and impact wrench method your suggesting for this situation or something else?

Thanks.

R
Dec 9, 2007
Had the same problem installing Holtz brackets on my 2006. What finally worked for me was this: I pulled the grease zerk, drilled into the axle thru the zerk hole (trying to be careful not to bugger up the threads.) I drilled in just a little, poked a nail thru the zerk hole into the drilled hole.The nail held the axle from rotating while backing out the second nut. Replaced the zerk, no ill effects. Now this wasn't a very glamorous method but it only took about 30 seconds total and it was done. (If I owned an air impact wrench I would have gone that route first!)

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
You don't have to drill a hole in anything. Just take the bolt that you have out screw a nut half way down it then screw the bolt back in and tighten the nut against the tunnel like it was the head of the bolt. Take the other side loose then take and loosen the nut back up on the bolt and screw the bolt out. Works great, good luck.

05 m7 stock for now

99 polaris 700 mod

Premium Features