• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!?!? What is wrong with my rear axle?

S
Mar 1, 2010
SLC, UT
Hello everyone!
I have a 2004 900cc 162" 1m and I am in the process of switching my two rear wheels to the inside using the BDX kit. I have read about how to do this switch and it seemed fairly straight forward, however its never goes smoothly for me. For some reason both my outside wheels are not just sliding off my axle like everyone says they will... I have loosened the track and taken both bolts out... I have used a little penetrating oil, and some light taps from a rubber mallet, even tried just pulling on them, im just worried im gonna snap the wheel if i try and pull it any harder or used more force with the rubber mallet. Im just curious if anyone has a trick to pulling those wheels off? Could i missed something about how they just slide off? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have to offer...?
Matt

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Like diggerdown said but if you have a 3/8 coarse thread allen head bolt screw it in first, decreases the chance of messing up threads. A longer hex head bolt will work too, one about 2 inches long will give you enough hammer tapping room.
Some times they just get corroded on. The penetrating oil should help.

Last edited:
Premium Features