• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP PULL CORD REPLACE 02 800 RMK

R
Dec 31, 2011
IS THIS A FAIRLY EASY JOB ? IF I GET INTO THIS WILL I BE ABLE TO DO IT MY SELF OR am I CREATING A BIGGER PROBLEM! IM A peddel bike mech so im not totaly incompatant but will i create more probs ? should i let some one do it that knows what they are doing? or ?
plz any tips or ideas tkz!!

J
Jan 2, 2012
Pull cord

I don't know if the 02 & 2010 are the same, but I am assuming they are. It's not rocket science
You need to take your exhaust system off. Muffler and can. If you don't have a spring puller, you'll end up needing sooner or later anyway. The first time I pulled springs, I used heavy duty weed eater line. Saves your knuckles. It's easy. Now you have easy acess to the recoil. They are hex bolts. They are pretty tight. Once you have it off lay it down inside up, of course. There should be a little rectangle box that has some rubber sealant in it. Use a pocket knife and remover the rubber. DO NOT TAKE THE BOLT OUT. Using a screw driver insert it or use your fingers rotate the rectangle. At first go one or two revolutions to make sure you are going in the right direction. Get your NEW rope feed it through the dash and through the eyelets going down to the recoil. What I did was count six revolutions then feed the end of the rope through the housing of the recoil into the rectangle box. Tie knot in it. Bolt it back on with a couple of bolts to make sure it's wound tight enough, if so, put it back together.

Premium Features