• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help please '05 m7 problem

B
Oct 21, 2008
Sparwood, BC
On the 4th ride out this year the speedo stopped working, on the 5th ride the check engine light came on and the sled started running like crap. It has really weak spark, running on one cylinder, sometimes won't run at all. I took the stater out got it tested and the stator is fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Almost sounds like your speedo wire down by your secondary clutch has rubbed on something enough to make contact with what it is rubbing on and shorting things out. If your shorting out your not getting enough juice to things like the fuel pump so they can function properly. Also check for shorting in your tail light section as that is a common problem on the 05 m7's.

Dec 22, 2007
Just went through this myself. But ended up with a burnt ecu. Find out what code it is flashing and start there. Mine was the servo motor failure code and sure enough one of the wires had rubbed through. back feeding power to the ecu and cooking it... Check all your wires and look for rub holes. look at the backside of your ecu and make sure its not melting..

Premium Features