• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help :-) megatron carbs on my 700 Polaris

indyseven

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2009
hi guys, im hopping that there are some experts on Megatron (Lectron) carbs out there than can get started in the right direction.

what I have is a 1997 polaris motor in a new custom built polaris mountain sled. i actually built this sled about 10 years ago and then life made a sudden turn and I wasnt able to get more than 1 short ride on it. All in all the sled worked great. The motor is a 1997 polaris 700 with twin SLP pipes, Slp high alt. head, Vforce reeds, SLP boost bottle and the stock Kieen D slide carbs. The sled really runs strong but I would like to try a pair of 44 megatron carbs that I have aquired. I want to finally go ride again this year but I dont even know where to start with these carbs. what needles to use or even to get parts from. i'm not sure if there would be any significant improvement over the stock carbs but would like to give it a try. So if anyone has had a similar setup I would sure love to get your feed back. also does anyone make a boot to fit this motor and carb combo.

thanks for all your help in my mission to return to the mountains.

Last edited:
W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
Don't know much about Lectron carbs but it's been my experience that without porting cylinders as well as case you'd be wasting your time with these. Been there done that, didn't work! Pat

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
If I was in your shoes I would call Brad @ Power Addiction in Utah. He will steer you right!

Power Addiction Racing

435.881.6665 (phone)

1886 North 100 East Logan, Utah 84341

B
Jan 3, 2004
Those Lectron's will probably flow about 50% more air than the Keihins you have now. I have a set on my drag bike that runs an early '98 700 big block like you. Was dynoed at Dynotech research , and made 161 hp @ 8300 rpm. Needles I run are 7-1 Xl's. You NEED adjustable power jets to go along with these needles.
New parts are available from http://lectronfuelsystems.com/

Premium Features