• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

heavy smoke from 03 800 VE

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Check your ratios on the oil verses the fuel on a day ride? 40:1?

If you get a lot of idle time the pipe it gets full of oil and will smoke real bad until you get it hot.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I would double check the oil pump linkage arm to see that the hash marks line up at idle and WOT. I did an 03 800 for a guy and it had a single freyed wire on the oil pump cable that pulled up in the housing not allowing the arm to return to alignment at idle. After running it for a while it would warm up and work right, then next cold start it would hang up causing it to over oil. Might be worth a look. Good luck. EW

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Do all the above and if no corrective action check compression cold and warmed up and compare

N
Mar 20, 2006
UP STATE NY
I would double check the oil pump linkage arm to see that the hash marks line up at idle and WOT. I did an 03 800 for a guy and it had a single freyed wire on the oil pump cable that pulled up in the housing not allowing the arm to return to alignment at idle. After running it for a while it would warm up and work right, then next cold start it would hang up causing it to over oil. Might be worth a look. Good luck. EW

Agree, I had the same problem last year on my pro-x 8

Premium Features