• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headlight guage cluster and tail lights quit on M1000

Y

yamahahaha

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
My speedometer tach head light and tail light quit working on my 07 M1000. I have a fuel control box it is still working and the sled is running fine question is. Is it safe to ride other than the light's not working? Has this happened to anyone else?

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
My speedometer tach head light and tail light quit working on my 07 M1000. I have a fuel control box it is still working and the sled is running fine question is. Is it safe to ride other than the light's not working? Has this happened to anyone else?

First thing i'd check for is melted wires somewhere shorting or grounding out...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the 07 is ok to run without the lights/cluster etc.as far as voluntary unhooking...dont know though if ya have a short..there is a fuse in the wiring harness near the ecu i thought...a 15 amp i think...is that blown..??

Y

yamahahaha

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I looked for melted wires or any that are shorted out and cant find any thing I also checked the fuse and it looks ok. I t ran good all day pulled up to my trailer to load left it run while I opened the door turned around and had no light's at least it was at the end of the day..

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
I had similar issues with an M7. Turned out to be the voltage regulator went bad. The lights all burned out when the regulator quit. Apparently, the gauge has some sort of built in regulator that it will shut itself off when too much voltage gets to it. It would be on when idling, but when I gave it any gas it would go out.

D
Jan 27, 2009
M1000 08 tail light and guage cluster quit

I have an 08 M1000 and my tail light and guage cluster quit also. I there a problem with the stock machines? I know some one with an 09 that has had some problems with the guage cluster also.
Doug

L
Dec 5, 2007
Nampa, ID
My chassis control unit went bad and lights, warmers, reverse quit. It still ran normal but those things didnt work. Check the ccu maybe thats it. Good luck

D
Jan 27, 2009
M1000 tail light and cluster

My 08 M1000 just blows the fuse as soon as I start it. I have looked the whole machine over and can''t find a bare or loose wire. It runs fine.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
The blue 15-amp fuse up by the Chassis Control Unit is for the gauge lights, rear taillight and powervalves.

If you put a new fuse in and everything is fine until you touch the brake lever, check for a short in the taillight wires back by the light at the rear of the tunnel.

Fuse blowing as soon as the sled is started - Could be a pinched servomotor wire near the fuel tank.

The last thing left would be the gauge is screwed up.

Sep 29, 2008
had my ccu fuse blow this weekend on my o7 m1000. turned out to be shorted wires at tail light. when the fuse was blown it was like the sled was in limp mode just wouldn't rev up

Premium Features