• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anyone for sure figured out the 900 bog?

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
Its been awhile since I fired the ol'e girl up I've been on my M7. I miss the raw hit of the ole girl but not the bog.

I've removed the shelf in the airbox, screened the knee vents, removed the hot air option, added the speedo vent thing. I seem to be jetted okay. I dump my exhaust in both the shock tower and out the bottom.

I'd like to get her going flawlessly.

spomey

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Jetting is crucial, when your wash is right on this sled, your plugs will look lean (at least they do to me).

Also, I have to reseal all of my exhuast joints 2x per season. I coat the inside and outside of all of the joints (donuts included). Put it back together and let it sit for a day or two in the warm shop to cure before riding. That and I built a cold air intake. Look around on here, there are some pics of it. I hated the screens on the footwell vents, the screens kept making the vent covers pop off.

--Chris

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Make sure you seal up the exhaust where it exits the belly pan too. I see you dump out the shock tower. Just make sure you seal both of these up with some rtv. Otherwise the exhaust smoke WILL find a way into your motor. My 04 efi 900 ran perfect.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Kelowna
On the clutch and exhaust sides, block off where heat can get into the air intake that sits under the tank, make a snorkle that goes on top of the air box to the speedo hole. 4" drainage tile 90* elbo trimmed down is real light and cheep.

I had the bog follow my 900 through porting, diffierent pipes and then to the 1160. Modded the air box so it can oly get outside air and problem is gone.

Does yours bog when carving right or when the snow is deep.. Bet its snow hitting the pipes and steaming under the hood. After it bogs bad check if there is alot of condisation in your airbox..

Trust me.... Do not lean the jetting out to compinsate for this... you will melt it down if you adjust the jetting to comensate for hot moist air... Get cold air to it and they run way! Better!

J

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Make sure you block off both air intakes on the inside above the footwells. Just have it idling and put your hand over the exhaust and you will see where it leaks at!

Mike

S
Nov 27, 2007
I told you early in the year I had the fix!!! JK. I fought and fought the bog on mine and did every interweb intake/exhaust fix there was.
I usually rode mine at Monte and Franklin and couldnt get rid of the bog. I rode at lower elevation and the sled absolutely ripped and realized that the jetting was culprit. I added SLP airbox mod with dash vent and messed with every footwell combo there was. It would always bog and powder bog turning right. I found after hours of interweb research that people that actually cured it did it with jetting.
The ATACC purchase was the absolute best purchase I ever made. I swear any carbed sled should have one. The sled was amazing after and ran at every elevation perfectly.
I do totally agree with the exhaust sealing and intake principals but beleive its only a band aid. I rode with an identical M1000 to mine this year and he had right hand powder bog and mine ran great, only difference is my venting that always allows a fresh source of air. I also had an old T-cat with no air box and filters and would injest the condensated air from snow hitting pipes in deep powder. Made me a believer in a good airbox system.
Let the flaming begin.... but lets go ride in this weekend!!!

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
check your wash you might still be a little fat. the closer to spot on the less you will get the bog.

XX2^^^
the jetting combine with fresh air and well sealed exhaust will get you there. i run an vari flow and if it bogs just jet it down and i clean out.....go figure.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Kelowna
In addition to intake mods... I agree that proper jetting is critical... Cat made an awsome motor with the 900's and 1000's but they like fuel and come from the factory set uip rich.. Get your jetting right and cold air and they will run in 4 ft of fresh carving left or right with no probs

J

Premium Features