• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar control upgrades

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
Has anyone found an upgrade for the left side handlebar controls? Or tried wiring in your own reverse switch? I'm thinking about installing my own momentary switch for reverse, getting tired of the finicky stock botton

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I agree the reverse switch sure needs some help-and I would be in for a push to hold switch ( Momentary) and get rid of the weak plastic switch depending on exposed springs, that get iced up and stop working and is way to delicate to beat on to get the ice/snow out to make a contact to the ignite button protruding underneath a plastic stem.

I have seen handle bar control relocation kits but it doesn't solve the problem.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
CFR bars/riser, sealed momentary push buttons for kill/reverse, hand/thumb warmers relocated to a single switch on the console and same with the high/low beam, munster finger throttle

Screenshot_20230316_152756_Gallery.jpg

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^if those are the speedwerx switches they are crap imo. I still using 3 out of the 4 that havent failed yet though.

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
Did you find a kit or wire them up yourself? I have the speedwerx kit on my 13 m8, and I'm disappointed with the lousy quality

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
CFR bars/riser, sealed momentary push buttons for kill/reverse, hand/thumb warmers relocated to a single switch on the console and same with the high/low beam, munster finger throttle
What brand are the switches? And how are they wired? I'm interested in details, looks like I'll have to build my own. Reverse is the most important one to me, the rest of the factory switches work fine

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I’ve done it a few times. This time I got a bracket made. The rer skidoo buttons are push starts. Anyway the Polaris buttons are bullet proof.
IMG_5359.jpegIMG_9681.jpeg

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I just tied the relay in the harness plug for the hood. I perfer the new style doo switch plus it’s cheaper than the Munster.

The only change I made to the drawing is I used a trigger wire to reset the timer relay as the power didn’t cycle to the key switch when the kill switch was cycled.
IMG_1358.jpegIMG_1357.jpegIMG_0820.jpegIMG_1359.jpeg

Last edited:
Premium Features