• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good gas rack for the 09 M's

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey guys i have been looking for a gas rack for my 09 M8, i seen Arctic Cats gas rack and it looks like a granny basket. I was just wondering what everyone has been using, names of aftermarket one or post some pics of what you got. Thanks guys:D:beer;

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Cat sells a ratchet strap set that hooks into the holes in the bottom of the bumper, been using it for 1000 miles, works great, and lighter than a rack:D

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yep

I was going to get that strap but decided on mountain addictions system. My wife actually told me to order it so I would be happy and have good equipment!! She finally understands my passion.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i built some bungee hooks. I used 1/2 round stock. cut 1 inch long and drilled and tapped the bottom. them drilled large hole across the top. Installed on 4 corners hold small cooler and 1 gallon gas can i can get some pics if anyones interested

K

KAW76

Jan 28, 2009
Ravensdale, WA
Mountain Addiction for sure.

Clean, easy to install and works great $90 ish bucks (little steep $$ but good design) plus shipping.

they have a website you can check out picutres, not sure the guys name but good to work with shipped it right out.

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon
bought the cat one for 29 bucks or so. works good. wanted the mtn addictions one but couldn't pull the hammer on it. also bought the cat strap to go with it. it will hold 2 - 2 gallon cans. or 1 - 2 gallon can and a small cooler.

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
You are right about getting into the seat being hard. After I got it on I realized that maybe Cats directions were wrong. I didnt change it around because I am getting the 2010 seat anyway so it doesnt matter to me. For the $30 or so the Cat one works just fine for me.

B
Jan 16, 2008
You are right about getting into the seat being hard. After I got it on I realized that maybe Cats directions were wrong. I didnt change it around because I am getting the 2010 seat anyway so it doesnt matter to me. For the $30 or so the Cat one works just fine for me.

My thought exactly, 2010 seat will go on. :beer;

Premium Features