• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Glowing panels and hoods

Some of you may have saw the post i put up asking for suggestions for summer projects for us here at BR Tech. I got some really good ideas and a lot of thoughts to work with. Now we just have to narrow the decisions down and pick what projects we want to work on.

One of the ideas was to make hoods and panels out of plastic that will glow in the dark. The thought is there but after thinking about it we thought it wouldn't really work. It'd be expensive, not look good during the day, and the headlight would take a lot of the effect away in the dark. But we did get the idea of mounting some small lights on the inside of the sled with our panels and hood. Your whole sled would glow the color of the lexan! I think this would be awesome! I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?

Picture this sled at night with the whole interior glowing and you could see your motor all lit up through your panels and hood!
DSC00815.jpg

Last edited:
whats next spinners ?

Gold plated spindles ?

Velvet dingleberrys hanging from the handlebars?

Hell, maybe a chain handle bar ?

Can you make my M8 do this, that would be really cool on the trail, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8lJXhJLNR8

Pimp My Sled! I know its not a performance mod or anything. Just a thought. You have to admit that it would look dope having a glowing sled cruising around at night.

D
Nov 28, 2007
I can hook you up with some 12V hyperbright LED lights. They are 2000 lumes of light with the five meter roll. They have a 3M sticky back and you just peal and stick them wire to 12V DC and your good to go. They draw .42 amps DC per meter.

We have some RGB stuff that can change to a bunch of different colors. It is about $200 a five meter roll and $50 for the control box. I have it in my hot tub room. 15feet of this will light my 18 foot X 12 foot room perfect. We have a water proof sleeve it can go in.

Here is a picture of the hyper brights 2.5mm high 10mm wide. You can cut it every inch and a half and solder new leads on. Shoot me an IM if you want.

Don.

hyperbright2.jpg hyperbright.jpg

I can hook you up with some 12V hyperbright LED lights. They are 2000 lumes of light with the five meter roll. They have a 3M sticky back and you just peal and stick them wire to 12V DC and your good to go. They draw .42 amps DC per meter.

We have some RGB stuff that can change to a bunch of different colors. It is about $200 a five meter roll and $50 for the control box. I have it in my hot tub room. 15feet of this will light my 18 foot X 12 foot room perfect. We have a water proof sleeve it can go in.

Here is a picture of the hyper brights 2.5mm high 10mm wide. You can cut it every inch and a half and solder new leads on. Shoot me an IM if you want.

Don.

Hey Don,

Thanks for the offer. I was more talking hypothetically, i don't really have a sled to mod out. I'll ask my boss if he would want to do it just to be one of the first to do it. But its up to him. I think that it would look awesome but yeah... its up to him. If he goes for it i'll let you know though man. Thanks!

Premium Features