• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 2 trailing arms

R
Mar 14, 2009
Havre, MT
I have a 99 polaris mod sled told to be a gen 2 that I bought a set of fabcraft trailing arms for, and when I went to install them they seem to long. Anyone have this problem before or know if they are possibly the wrong trailing arms. Here are picts, the arm is bolted to the rear mount with the heim joint all the way in, making it as short as possible.

000_0035.jpg

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
gen II was designed with both in board and outboard trailing arm design. I dont know if this has anything to do with in. a call to fabcraft may also shed some light on it.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
The 99 Polaris sleds used The older wedge style trailing arms. That is how it is on my 99 700 mod

Not technically correct.

Polaris trailing arms fit the 1980 to 1996 sleds - IFS aka Wedge (3.0 center to center on the upper and lower radius rod holes.

1997-1999 CRC RMK 700 arms are different (3.5" center to center between the upper and lower radius rod holes).

2000-2001 are the same as the CRC except they are tipped in and have the limiter stops on the bottom of the spindle tube.

The wedge arms will bolt up to a CRC sled, but there will be funky geometry.

As far as what is up with the original posters set of arms, l dunno. I do know the 97-99 Fabcraft arms take the same length carbon fiber tube as the 2000-01 years. May be a manufacturers slip up.

R
Mar 14, 2009
Havre, MT
My sled is a 99 700 RMK, and the holes on the upper and lower radius rods are 3.5" center to center, on all 3 sets

I have 3 sets of trailing arms, ones that came on the sled it is the shortest at 28 1/8" from the end where to heim joint goes to the shock mount, the other is an older set of fabcraft with measure 28 1/2" same spot and the other set is a new pair of fabcraft with measure 28 7/8". I don't know what brand the original set is but one was broken and had a piece of angle iron welded to it and the old set of fabcraft was give to me as the right has a bent head, and needs to be rebuilt.

Premium Features