• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gauge cage

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I don't know of anyone else making a "gauge cage" except AMP. So, I don't know of anything in plastic. I did receive an email from AMP saying they would be making a cage for the '07 and older machines this off-season.

That is some good news.

Now...........if summer was only almost over.......................:rolleyes:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Now...........if summer was only almost over.......................:rolleyes:

You're confused by your flatland living arangement, winter is still here, I drove through snow twice today & will be riding for WELL over another month.

come join the fun (and take a ride on the hcr-T) we've got a ton of snow left.

btw, the guage cage is cool, but way overpriced & no reason that it can't & shouldn't be made of plastic aside from vanity.

Last edited:
T
This may be a little off topic but RKTecs hood lift fits the bill perfectly to rid your sled of unwanted heat. I know this was not your ? but it is the cheapest mod and gives you the little extra needed clearance for slp pipe...I also popped for the gauge cage.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
BCIL: I know, I know.................just haven't had the opportunity in the last two weeks.............and in those two weeks..........snow MELTING!!! I'd love to get up to Jones for a poach or two....(love to hammer the T-BO!)

I'm not cashed out yet, nor is the sled "seasoned"...........stay tuned.

Q

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I have heard that from a few people now on the hood lift - will check it out. The gauge deal is two-fold. One to exhaust heat and two to see the tach when standing. Why can AMP not mil it out of a block of plastic as they do the aluminum I wonder.

This may be a little off topic but RKTecs hood lift fits the bill perfectly to rid your sled of unwanted heat. I know this was not your ? but it is the cheapest mod and gives you the little extra needed clearance for slp pipe...I also popped for the gauge cage.

M
Feb 5, 2009
The guage cage is expensive, but worth every penny I.M.O. If it saves you just one belt, it pays for itself, right? Quality product, super effective and looks killer!

Sonora 012.jpg

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
I have to say i agree with the underlying worth of the gauge cage. Come to think of it since i installed it I haven't blown another belt.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
No one remembers seeing anything where someone is making a plastic one???
Was I imagining it? I swore I saw it in a thread somewhere and it was someone like Mountain Machines or someone along those lines. Been to there site - must not have been them.

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
Gauge Relocator

Were you thinking of this.

b_234012.jpg

b_234023.jpg

It doesn't help with the underhood heat but does allow the gauge to be seen while standing. I made it out of lexan from HD. Total cost of parts was about $10.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
uuuuhhhhh ........... no.

Were you thinking of this.

b_234012.jpg

b_234023.jpg

It doesn't help with the underhood heat but does allow the gauge to be seen while standing. I made it out of lexan from HD. Total cost of parts was about $10.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Thanks Steve - I did see that one. I thought with shipping though I would be close to the cost of the AMP one, which is right down the street from me. Wildchild does nice work though - and easy to deal with. I have a couple of his gas racks. Let me know if you decide to stock them. How much are the hood lifts going to go for?

here you go TNT. it's down a few replies from wildchild. I have some RKT hood lifts coming too if you are interested. I am going to see about getting some of these also. I like the Gauge Cage too but have had several customers pass because of the cost.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154292

Premium Features