• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gas tank leak

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I had an 01 that had about 3 cracks. One at the neck and a couple on the corners. Sanded them down and cleaned them out as good as possible. Then used a plastic welder and never had a problem. Its like using a soldering iron with plastic.

Z
Oct 13, 2008
Yakima, Wa
fix tank spout

I tried several things on my king Cat and believe it or not final thing that worked was super glue. Try it it's cheap. Good luck hope works out.

C
Nov 26, 2012
I know it's more then a five dollar fix but i seen 3 good used tanks on ebay for around $40 i think it would be worth the money. To know it's not going to start leaking in the mnts. Hope this helps

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
soldering iron.

soldering iron with wide plat blade, just melt the crack or hole and flatten it out with a screw driver?

coug66

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Happened to me or I should say I did not realize until we unloaded. I used super glue. Problem is that gas will eat away at it. I then used the gas tank two part putty which also failed. I ended up re-placing with used tank. I think the tape idea would have worked. The crack was almost around the entire neck. I figured worst case would be have it break off while riding.

Premium Features