• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI New Shock boots for all Walker Air shocks (Dragons & Assaults)

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
hate to hijack the thread, but if SPG doesn't hurry up and get their ****e together and put out the product that has ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR AND PROMISED!!!, before they start new offerings......they are going to be right up there with boss. i have been VERY patient in waiting for a seat cover and front bumper (bumper was ordered TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AGO, supposed to be three weeks.) i ordered it THE FIRST DAY THEY OFFERED IT?!?!?! WTF? there are NUMEROUS other offerings, so they better get it sent soon or they are going to lose a very good, loyal customer. am i the only one with this problem?
p.s, yes it is exactly the same as the lizard skins which i have run for 2 years. work great. why do guys complain about the anodized shafts......floats have them as well.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bull
image.php

I feel for your frustration...and I mean that sincerely...

Nothing worse that waiting for new goodies for your new toy and you don't have them to install. Especially after laying down your hard earned money...

Did you order from SPG directly or from a vendor?

If you ordered it 2.5 months ago.... My guess is probably got a pre-order from a Skinz vendor...as I don't believe that Skinz was taking orders back then.

There are plenty out there with SPG bumpers (both the 09 & the 08 styles)... so it's strange that you dont have yours...

Skinz Protective Gear has already shipped out many of both styles of bumpers.

I have a pair of the SPG shock covers here and the lizards... no they are NOT exactly the same... the SPG is perforated ... My Lizard skins are not... The SPG can be installed without removing the shock... the LS cannot...

The aluminum on the WE Airs is MUCH softer than on the Floats as is the anodizing.
A float shock will take much more abuse to the shaft than the WE airs...

The WE air shocks have 220 psi behind the seal and the floats generally have less than 100psi in the air sleeve. Floats can tollerate a slightly damaged "shaft" (actually the body of the shock) and still function for some time... The WE air, in Walker Evans Racings own words is a basic mountain shock designed for the less demanding needs of the mountain segment and to be light weight...

It's good that your WE airs are still performing well... that's what you paid the money for in the first place...

If it sounds like I'm defending SPG... I am... they are a great company, with solid business and family values that can rapid proto and get things into production faster than anyone that I know. In our small world of sledding, it does not take much to tarnish the image of good people making good products....and these are the "good people"

I hope your needs are met soon!

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
hate to hijack the thread, but if SPG doesn't hurry up and get their ****e together and put out the product that has ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR AND PROMISED!!!, before they start new offerings......they are going to be right up there with boss. i have been VERY patient in waiting for a seat cover and front bumper (bumper was ordered TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AGO, supposed to be three weeks.) i ordered it THE FIRST DAY THEY OFFERED IT?!?!?! WTF? there are NUMEROUS other offerings, so they better get it sent soon or they are going to lose a very good, loyal customer. am i the only one with this problem?
p.s, yes it is exactly the same as the lizard skins which i have run for 2 years. work great. why do guys complain about the anodized shafts......floats have them as well.

Bull,

I understand your frustration and share in them because I hate having your money and not being able to ship the product. The short of it is that when we took your order delivery was what you were quoted BUT things happen and the delivery ended up getting bumped out a few times. Skinz is a family run business that has it's own limitations. We do not want you to be upset with Skinz or Sled Solutions as our number one goal is to get everyone including you the top notch quality products that Skinz has been known for.

The order is getting closer and with Skinz working 7 days a week and 20 hour days including Thanksgiving they are truly working as hard as humanly possible. I will let you know the second I know more about your order.

Thanks and sorry for the frustration your order has caused.

Paul

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
One of the problems with the end-user getting their product on time is that most retailers and distributors will not put in any stock at their "store" to speak of.

Like you, when I hear "now taking pre-orders for fall delivery" from retailers I think... I'll be getting that in September... What it really means is that the retailer is waiting to get a certain number of orders in and Then placing the order with the mfg.... at least in most cases.

Most sledders, myself included, wait until September to place their order, and (like me again) look for the retailer with the lowest price... those retailers in most cases have the lowest overhead which means they don't stock many items... this usually means that that retailer is placing the orders with the mfg when they get it rather than drawing from actual stock. All of this at the height of the season when when the manufacturers are shippng their large orders to distributors (like DK, perf eng, etc) that actually do buy for stock as well as being OEM suppliers to sled mfgs in some cases.

A lot of the pressure is on the retailer, weather it is a home based, a small shop or a large distributor, to deliver before the snow flies. The retailers should keep the customer in the loop, confirm their expected delivery date, AFTER they actually place the order with the mfg and the MFG gives them a time for completion... and let the customer know on an ongoing basis the status of the order... knowing the delays that can happen in late season orders on high demand items.

The retailers need to build in a sufficient cushion for late season (anything after mid august) orders and let the customer know the longest delivery time... EG, If the mfg say 3 -4 weeks for delivery.. the retailer should tell the customer at least 4 weeks for delivery if not more to account for the fact that the retailer has to receive the item (in this 3-4 promised time), process the orders, package them, track them, provide Customer service and all other needs that the retailer needs to take on... plus in many of the smaller online retialers, work at thier bread and butter day-job as well.

I'm sure that Monty and Paul have been busier than a one armed carpenter.

Last edited:

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Skinz shock covers

I ordered my shock covers from Tammy at SPG about 3 weeks ago. She said they wait until they get a set number of orders before they do a production run (many companies do this). She also said they make extras to fill future orders. I received mine in about 2 weeks. The went on easily and fit perfect. Didn't have to remove shock either.:D

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
i am obviously not the kind of guy that comes on snowest all the time trying to flame a person or company. i completely understand much of what has been explained here. that is why i did not come on here making complaints about paul or sled solutions. after this post it seems as if some progress is hopefully being made, paul called today, a sunday. i appreciate that. i still stand by the idea that SPG should make sure they get the items sold out, before using their time to roll out a new product. it doesn't set well to hear that someone ordered a shock cover and got it in 2 weeks, when i am sitting here 3 months out.....that seems rather understandable. i'm sure they are working 24/7, i trust they are stand up guys. i am not questioning their integrity, perhaps just their time management. as an aside,
mountainhorse, your help is also appreciated.

Premium Features