• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI New Shock boots for all Walker Air shocks (Dragons & Assaults)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I made the request to Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) a while back to make something that fits and protects the fragile anodizing on the factory Dragon/Assault shocks.

Well... they are following thru to give us what we need...

SPG is finishing up on the production model design for custom fit shock boots for all of the Walker Evans Air shocks on Dragons and Assaults.

They should be available in the next couple of weeks.

They have a lot of innovative, USA built (not farmed out to chinese fab shops), products for sledder and mountainbikers.

www.skinzprotectivegear.com

They will be available in black only.

Boots are in the works for Fox Float models as well.

Heres a pic (on Monte's sled)

Prices to be anounced in the near future and I'm sure Paul or Monte will be glad to sell you some.

SPGboots.jpg

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
lol just started a thread about this topic. Exactly what I want. Now just waiting until they become available, keep us updated. Thanks!

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Polaris also makes a hard plastic cover that mounts on the shock. They look simular to a the front shock guards on a motocross bike. They protect the front of the shock from flying debris (roost).

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I made the request to Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) a while back to make something that fits and protects the fragile anodizing on the factory Dragon/Assault shocks.

Well... they are following thru to give us what we need...

SPG is finishing up on the production model design for custom fit shock boots for all of the Walker Evans Air shocks on Dragons and Assaults.

They should be available in the next couple of weeks.

They have a lot of innovative, USA built (not farmed out to chinese fab shops), products for sledder and mountainbikers.

www.skinzprotectivegear.com

They will be available in black only.

Boots are in the works for Fox Float models as well.

Heres a pic (on Monte's sled)

Prices to be anounced in the near future and I'm sure Paul or Monte will be glad to sell you some.

SPGboots.jpg

Thank you sir :face-icon-small-hap Yes we would be very happy to help people out with this new product.
I have to admit that I was quite surprised by the shock boots. Jeff at Skinz was telling me the other day about all the new products they have developed. This was on the list and I thought "hey that's a good idea".
He informed me that I won't recognize my sled when I see it. We joked that they have had it longer than I have. I took it back to Skinz this spring. I was happy to let them keep it over the summer as they have been very busy developing new products for our fun sport.
True enthusiasts. You can feel the excitement in their voices when you talk with them. They work very hard and take a lot of pride in it. Very refreshing.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I like the black boots but would like them to show a bit of the red on the shock just for that little bit of contrast.

Probably look into those as the time gets closer.

F

Flange509

Dec 1, 2007
Colorado
I got a couple of take offs from Rancho's at the local 4wd shop, they fit good and the red matched pretty good, only cost two bucks.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Doesn't look like it's linked in our web site yet. You can call us at 1-888-345-2627 and ask for item # 1680100. Price is $49.99.
Thanks
Monte

Premium Features