• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Used this stuff in the past. Accessible stations used to only carry 85 octane and charge nearly race fuel prices for it. So we have a couple 40 gallon agriculture blow molded tank for fuel (length of hose attached to the bottom) to fuel up back at the cabin. On the trail or when the tanks run out and have no option but to use the scalpers fuel we would add Amsoil Octane Booster
I fully intend to do the same for fuel this year even though those gas stations are now pumping 91 octane at crazy prices, I'll still carry a bottle in case the pump is out of 91.

1644418748968.png

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Where the heck do you live that only has 85 octane at the pumps? Bolivia??

We get 91 out of the pumps here and everyone is just running that straight up. Some stations have 93-94 but mostly 91 and everyone's happy so far.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Here in BC we are lucky and ethanol free 94 is available at every chevron station... the boost loves it!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just wait until the average person realizes how much Trudeau's carbon tax will increase full prices. I am working on a project and have calculated the increase to come for natural gas over the next 8 years. It is going to go 4 times the price from the tax alone. That means for my audit the current $500,000 worth of fuel will be nearly $2 million by 2030. Gasoline is higher in Carbon and even at the same rates it would be $8/litre. I am realing at the numbers and am saying it can't be true. But it is unless we get a new government.
I hope gasoline actually has a more friendly multiplier.
Sorry back to the Boost.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just wait until the average person realizes how much Trudeau's carbon tax will increase full prices. I am working on a project and have calculated the increase to come for natural gas over the next 8 years. It is going to go 4 times the price from the tax alone. That means for my audit the current $500,000 worth of fuel will be nearly $2 million by 2030. Gasoline is higher in Carbon and even at the same rates it would be $8/litre. I am realing at the numbers and am saying it can't be true. But it is unless we get a new government.
I hope gasoline actually has a more friendly multiplier.
Sorry back to the Boost.
Yeah you guys need to take the country back from that insane batch of liberal nut jobs.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I'd u can't get non ethanol 91 don't cry. The ethanol mapping is very tolerant of sub par fuel.

Don't try and solve a problem u don't have. Also takes like 10 seconds to change maps in the 7s. And it shows u a big warning if u detonate.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Even in 91 none eth, you can run 91 eth at sea level no problems.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Where the heck do you live that only has 85 octane at the pumps? Bolivia??

We get 91 out of the pumps here and everyone is just running that straight up. Some stations have 93-94 but mostly 91 and everyone's happy so far.
Not Bolivia...But I think you might be able to see it from here. Black Hills. Before I moved here we used to come out in the 90's and early 2000's. Buckhorn, Rec Springs, Trailshead only carried 85. We'd top off all the tanks in Rapid City before going up the hill paying 1 1/2 to 2x as much for 85. In this state it's hard to find 91+ that isn't ethanol. I miss the days as a teen in Sioux Falls where you could pull up to a pump and put a bit of 104 octane in the tank to liven up the motor while the guy across from you it filling up his sprint cars to run Husets that night as he looks at you like, "kid your going to learn how to rebuild an engine real quick." but then you stop and switch to regular leaded and he realizes you just cleaning out the fuel system (pre injector cleaner days.). So many cheap quality fuel choices then for sleds.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not Bolivia...But I think you might be able to see it from here. Black Hills. Before I moved here we used to come out in the 90's and early 2000's. Buckhorn, Rec Springs, Trailshead only carried 85. We'd top off all the tanks in Rapid City before going up the hill paying 1 1/2 to 2x as much for 85. In this state it's hard to find 91+ that isn't ethanol. I miss the days as a teen in Sioux Falls where you could pull up to a pump and put a bit of 104 octane in the tank to liven up the motor while the guy across from you it filling up his sprint cars to run Husets that night as he looks at you like, "kid your going to learn how to rebuild an engine real quick." but then you stop and switch to regular leaded and he realizes you just cleaning out the fuel system (pre injector cleaner days.). So many cheap quality fuel choices then for sleds.
If you think 104 octane “livens up your motor” you might want to do some reading ?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
If you think 104 octane “livens up your motor” you might want to do some reading ?
If your older than the jeans your wearing, lived &drove in the 70's and 80's and remember the impurities some stations had in their tanks peddling **** gas you might remember. They didn't mandate that a in ground tank replacements until the mid 90's in my state and pushed a lot of owners out of business. Before then, with my 73 Plymouth 318 V8. or 72 Nova 396 V8, or 70 Cuda 440 V8, 79 Ford Econoline "Shaggin Wagon" 351 Windsor Van. Changing fuel filter, pulling the carb, cleaning the carb and flushing the fuel line from a crap tank of gas was pretty normal. But, before going through that, a little 104 and or Heet would sometimes clear it up and get rid of that bottom end of hesitation before you have to go through all that. So yeah, it would "Liven it up." But whatev, I have no real world life experience that trumps google.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Roger that. Chad at A2D and Logan at the Outpost both recommended some kind of Octane boost whether Torco or AV gas. Currently I run straight AV in my Silber Axys so I think I am going to do something to get that Octane up for my new Boost. Sucks we only get 90 in AK.
Umm the boost literally runs perfect on 90 octane. (Mine and my brothers)

Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Your silber axys would probably halve its turbo lag if you mixed your av gas and 90 50/50………

Premium Features